TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 09:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74

smf 1.1

Started by teft, December 02, 2006, 03:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porky

Is there going to have some big changes to the themes or small ones?

teft

yeah.. so im waiting the TP release... Im using SMFone.. and it seems to work xD... but ill wait till the new release.. till then ill be working on spanish lang pack for TP xD

see ya

Shadow

Quote from: crip on December 02, 2006, 04:25:00 PM
SMF 1.1  is the final.

Which one is better then?

I have SMF RC3 one.

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

akulion

dont upgrade yet or u wont have any mods lol

best try it out on a test site and play around until u feel ur ready to upgrade a live forum

Crip

Quote from: humanporkrind on December 02, 2006, 04:28:25 PM
Is there going to have some big changes to the themes or small ones?

Relatively small over all
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

borgBOB

Quote from: Shadow Queen on December 02, 2006, 04:17:05 PM

I thought SMF 1.1RC3 is the Final Version of SMF. wow i gotto to say that.

Alright, So RC3 isn't the FINAL of SMF.  Which one is better SMF 1.1 RC3 or SMF 1.1 the FINAL version of it?

We can do more to SMF 1.1 then SMF 1.1 RC3 right?

Yes, I know all the mod's and anther thing's have to upgrade to SMF 1.1...

I'm sorry if i keep asking thing's.

SMF 1.1 Final will not have new features, but it will be the Final Stable version in the SMF 1.1 line.

SMF 1.1 Final should have no errors generated by it's code in the widest possible variety of  installation set-ups. (Different hosts / versions of PHP and sql databases on the server, ect.)

But anytime code is changed, if you are using SMF on a live active site, there is a chance some Mods will not work. SO it's best to set-up a duplicate test site to your live site and test updates/upgrades/ and new mods there first. Unless you are very familiar with PHP and can correct any errors you encounter. If not, best to wait for Mod writers (Like Bloc) to release compatable updates for thier Mods/themes.

Shadow

Quote from: Aku on December 02, 2006, 04:32:20 PM
dont upgrade yet or u wont have any mods lol

best try it out on a test site and play around until u feel ur ready to upgrade a live forum

My host set-up my forum up to SMF 1.1 RC3 in the first place.  My test site is an RC3 one too.

But i don't where to found the SMF 1.1.  I wanna try it out first before the downgrade.

G6Cad

1.1 final is released over at Simplemachines as it's them hwo make the software ;)

Shadow

Quote from: borgBOB on December 02, 2006, 04:36:43 PM
Quote from: Shadow Queen on December 02, 2006, 04:17:05 PM

I thought SMF 1.1RC3 is the Final Version of SMF. wow i gotto to say that.

Alright, So RC3 isn't the FINAL of SMF.  Which one is better SMF 1.1 RC3 or SMF 1.1 the FINAL version of it?

We can do more to SMF 1.1 then SMF 1.1 RC3 right?

Yes, I know all the mod's and anther thing's have to upgrade to SMF 1.1...

I'm sorry if i keep asking thing's.

SMF 1.1 Final will not have new features, but it will be the Final Stable version in the SMF 1.1 line.

SMF 1.1 Final should have no errors generated by it's code in the widest possible variety of  installation set-ups. (Different hosts / versions of PHP and sql databases on the server, ect.)

But anytime code is changed, if you are using SMF on a live active site, there is a chance some Mods will not work. SO it's best to set-up a duplicate test site to your live site and test updates/upgrades/ and new mods there first. Unless you are very familiar with PHP and can correct any errors you encounter. If not, best to wait for Mod writers (Like Bloc) to release compatable updates for thier Mods/themes.

Alright, But i don't have an anther test site to use for the SMF 1.1 version.