TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 06:56:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 161
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 73
  • @rjen

TP Article Manager page: any way to have more user friendly article list?

Started by Romulus, July 24, 2008, 01:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romulus

Greetings all.

I would like to offer "webhosting" service for projects hosted on my SMF/TP community. By this I mean, if there is mod or fan project that has their own forums, they could submit articles and basically have a "webapge".

However, the Article Manager lists ALL articles in one page. So if say each Project has 50 articles, and there are say 100 projects...you can see it would be a logistic nightmare for Article Managers if it's just one giant list.

Is there a mod out there that could list categories (without displaying the articles under them) until you navigate to the lowest category, and THEN display the articles?

So have like

List of categories, then you click on a category and then it lists all sub-categories, and you click on a sub-category and it lists all sub-sub-categories, until you finally get to the last sub-category which lists all articles under that category?

Also, is there a mod that would have the ability for a membergroup to be article managers of specific categories?

If not, can anyone make such a mod? ;)

This mod would basically allow SMF/TinyPortal to have membergroups not only have access to specific private forums and specific TP blocks, or specific download categories...but also to have access to specific article categories. Thus making SMF/TinyPortal a complete CMS solution for communities that wish to offer full hosting, from webpages to forums.

Thanx

Romulus

Romulus

I actually just managed to install TP 1.0.5 and I'm very pleased to see that the articles have been updated with exactly what I was looking for.

The only thing is that while articles are collapsible in Article Manager, Categories are not, and I wish they were. Any chance of getting cats to be collapible too?

Also, I'm playing around with the Category membergroup access but  it seems not to be working. Is this supposed to be viewing ability, or article managing ability?

It'd be awesome to have both.

Zetan

If you have a feature suggestion, post it in the >> Feedback << board where suggestions are made. Don't expect an instant reply. Bloc, the main developer is on vacation and some of the team are on hiatus.

Zetan