TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:11:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 92
  • tino

Blocks Aren't Lining Up

Started by MisterVertigo, August 30, 2018, 10:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

It is simpler to Fix with this addition to the css...

add this to the curve index.css and you are done...

div #boardindex_table
{
   position: relative;
   top: -2px;
}

It could be added to the TPstyle.css, but as I stated: it is only needed for Curve (or curve-based) theme(s)...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2018, 12:57:19 PM
It is simpler to Fix with this addition to the css...

add this to the curve index.css and you are done...

div #boardindex_table
{
   position: relative;
   top: -2px;
}

It could be added to the TPstyle.css, but as I stated: it is only needed for Curve (or curve-based) theme(s)...

We shouldn't be modifiying the curve css files. We either add it inline or have it in the tp css. I'm for the in-line option based on the theme. Or allow it to be a configurable option in settings.

Final option is we just accept it as is.

@rjen

OP was asking of he could fix the CSS. This is the fix.

I feel this is not something we should try to fix in TP. I for one use a Curve variation that you can't fix inline and there will be many more like it. Actually Alpha Centauri has the exact same issue....

If OP is happy making this change I vote for leaving it as is.

lurkalot

@rjen, I was just trying out that css adjustment in curve you posted above.  While it did seem to cure the alignment issue in that particular scenario, Side panel to forum index.

I you instead just have promoted posts etc on the front page then the alignment issue is there as well.  Based on that, the suggestion tino made regarding a config option might be an idea worth considering. 

Funny how I haven't noticed these strange issues until they're pointed out, now they stick out like a sore thumb. lol..

MisterVertigo

To be honest, I didn't expect much of an answer on this thread as the issue was so minor. You guys have blown me away! This is hands-down the best support I've ever gotten for any project like this. Not all of the issue was even with your code and you still helped me work out a solution. Thank you!

With that being said I was able to make the code changes you guys posted and it looks much better now. My OCD is content! As far as I'm concerned this issue is resolved. Thank you again!

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on August 31, 2018, 07:04:40 PM

I you instead just have promoted posts etc on the front page then the alignment issue is there as well.  Based on that, the suggestion tino made regarding a config option might be an idea worth considering. 

pretty sure that is another issue. Do you have a testbed setup that I can check?

@rjen

Quote from: MisterVertigo on August 31, 2018, 07:13:16 PM
To be honest, I didn't expect much of an answer on this thread as the issue was so minor. You guys have blown me away! This is hands-down the best support I've ever gotten for any project like this. Not all of the issue was even with your code and you still helped me work out a solution. Thank you!

With that being said I was able to make the code changes you guys posted and it looks much better now. My OCD is content! As far as I'm concerned this issue is resolved. Thank you again!

You're welcome. Marking this solved...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2018, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on August 31, 2018, 07:04:40 PM

pretty sure that is another issue. Do you have a testbed setup that I can check?

I do as it happens, I just switched it over from the other layout.

http://cctestsite.info/forums/index.php

The attached screenshot is the forum + side panel layout we were discussing with your fix added to curve.  As you can see that sorted that one.  If you visit now I have set it to "Forum-posts and articles - sorted on date".  You can see the slight misalignment.

@rjen

That's what I thought: you are not using the frontpanel, but you left the setting to "Frontpanel added before the content"
Result is that the div is placed before the content even if it is empty, it still has a 4px padding..

In this case change the Frontapge setting to  Hide frontpanel, unless otherwise selected OR  Frontpanel will be added after content

That will fix it...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2018, 07:51:18 PM
That's what I thought: you are not using the frontpanel, but you left the setting to "Frontpanel added before the content"
Result is that the div is placed before the content even if it is empty, it still has a 4px padding..

In this case change the Frontapge setting to  Hide frontpanel, unless otherwise selected OR  Frontpanel will be added after content

That will fix it...

Thanks, that's correct, and a mistake anyone could make.  To me that's a bug, or at least needs documenting if it isn't already.