TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 03:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 103
  • Total: 103

Error after adjusting shoutbox

Started by Le Pong, November 28, 2006, 11:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Pong

Sorry if this was addressed elsewhere, but after 7 hours of searching on this forum, and many others, I am at my end. This particular issue was in fact brought up a couple times on this forum, but I never saw a definite answer.
Anyways, I installed tinyportal, it worked fine, I started changing settings, and I got to the shoutbox, and after changing a couple things in there, came up with the following error.

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /home/content/f/u/h/fuhkway/html/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 578

I am using SMF 1.1 RC3 and TP0.9.6.
PLEASE...someone help me. I am about to pull out the remainder of my hair trying to figure this shit out.
Thanks.

rebelrose

Try changing out the TPortal.php in the source file with the one found on this thread, third post down by Bloc.

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=9563.120

See if that helps

Nuked

does your server have the right versions of php/mysql installed?

Le Pong

That link takes me to page, but I don't see any posts by bloc on that page. And on the first page, the first post is his, but I don't know if that is the post you are refering to, and which of the three files he has up, I should download.

Le Pong

Also...atm, I replaced the files that TP installed on the server, so that my forum would work normally, without TP.
So what should I do now? Install it through the forum again? And THEN try changing the TPortal.php file that you want me to use or what?

rebelrose

Quote from: Le Pong on November 29, 2006, 09:34:49 AM
Also...atm, I replaced the files that TP installed on the server, so that my forum would work normally, without TP.
So what should I do now? Install it through the forum again? And THEN try changing the TPortal.php file that you want me to use or what?

Yes I would try that and see if it works for you.

Le Pong

Thanks, I'm trying it now. I will let you know how it goes in two minutes.

rebelrose

Quote from: Le Pong on November 29, 2006, 09:49:01 AM
Thanks, I'm trying it now. I will let you know how it goes in two minutes.

Alright I will wait

Le Pong

Nope. Didn't work. Got the same error. People are telling me to check my mysql manual and fix the syntax. But I'm just starting out in php, so I'm not too versed in what I need to do to acomplish that.

rebelrose

You had this working and then you changed some settings in the shoutbox, and then you got that error message? That is how is went yes?

I find that very strange that you had it working and now it does not. Can I have a link to your site, you can PM me with it if you like.