TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 93
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 73

Feed back form + refer a friend - Built into TP

Started by akulion, June 29, 2006, 10:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

Hi

The one thing that I think any portal system needs to have 'built into it'

is ATLEAST a 'Feedback form'

Like Contact us with a form...

Also I think it would be really good to have a 'Refer a Friend' option incorportaed into TP itself.

They would make good additions to the next tp --> built in contact form and refer a friend form (with scripts ofcourse) :D

Just a suggestion - hope it proves useful :D

Aku

G6Cad

QuoteAlso I think it would be really good to have a 'Refer a Friend' option incorportaed into TP itself.
Isent that kind of what "send this topic" does already  ???

akulion

noo i mean a feedback form like :

Name:

Subject:

Comments:

then the person sends the form in and ONLY the webmaster recieves it

And the refer a friend would be more related to 'referring the site to someone' with a custom built message like:

hey {friends name}

check out this cool site i just found

{banner for site here inserted via feedback form automatically}

ur friend
{friends name}

:D lol

bloc

It could be something..if paired with other feedback, such as TP polls for example. Something to collect and administrate all feedback into one overview page.

Nokonium

I have a 'Contact' form on my South Gwent site. I got the code from http://www.ibdhost.com/contact/ something like that in a block or article would be good.

anunlike

I totally agree with both suggestions, a contact / feedback and a "refer a friend" form. They'd be great additions, IMO.

But, can't people use the contact / feedback form for SPAM? Could CAPTCHA be built in with it to help that?

akulion

yes thats true it could be used for spam quite easily - but then again right now i have a feedback & contact form on my forum which i installed seperately and there is no spam luckily yet:D

anunlike

CAPTCHA will be in the SMF RC3 release. So, it shouldn't be too hard to implement something like that for a contact / feedback form?

akulion

u know SMF needs a LOT of things currently built into it as default and CAPTCHA is just one of them!