TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:06:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 52
  • @rjen

Change defaults for article viewing options

Started by davo88, March 25, 2024, 06:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davo88

I have many articles to enter (100+ initially, then ongoing) and am wondering if it is possible to edit a TP template to change the default 'Viewing options'. Currently the defaults are mainly all 'on'.
You cannot view this attachment.

It would save a lot of clicking around if I could edit and set them to my preferred state as shown below.
You cannot view this attachment.

I had a look at TParticle.template.php but it's to complex for me to follow.

@rjen

Had a look into that before, but it is not easy to set that the way these variables are set.
I cannot help with this
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

I think I did a package for wildenborch which used a hook to set different defaults. I can't find it currently but it's an attachment on here.

@rjen

@rjen

Jeez, missed the defaults in TportalAdmin.php completely...

Must be having an off-day

davo88

Wow... thanks guys. That's a very handy little mod. It's great that TP has so many article options, but they can become a bit tedious when posting a stack of articles. I added a bit of info to the Article Defaults topic in case anyone else is wondering how it works.

tino

Quote from: davo88 on March 27, 2024, 06:29:40 AMWow... thanks guys. That's a very handy little mod. It's great that TP has so many article options, but they can become a bit tedious when posting a stack of articles. I added a bit of info to the Article Defaults topic in case anyone else is wondering how it works.

Thanks, I do have a habit of just doing something as a proof of concept then never documenting it!