TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 125
  • Total: 125

Any plans on making TinyPortal ready for SMF 2.1?

Started by @rjen, January 01, 2016, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Quote from: lurkalot on January 02, 2016, 11:14:49 AM
Thanks. I'm sure it will work out.

I hope you made a backup of your database before doing any of this, should something go wrong. ;)

as my kids would say... duh!  ;)
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

As you've already upgraded your database for 2.1 you might just get away with uploading the latest files from that zip  Not sure if there's any new database changes. Worth a try first.  Illori could advise you better on this.

illori

Quote from: lurkalot on January 02, 2016, 11:19:20 AM
As you've already upgraded your database for 2.1 you might just get away with uploading the latest files from that zip  Not sure if there's any new database changes. Worth a try first.  Illori could advise you better on this.

you should always run upgrade.php to be on the safe side. they are trying to do some changes in the upgrade process so you have to run it.

@rjen

Can I just overwrite the files, leave the database as-is and run upgrade after that? Or should I really reset the database to the 2.0.11 version?

illori

@rjen

Ok, so I took the latest sources from Github and did another upgrade.

Unfortunately the upgrade script for SMF got stuck at the step: Executing: "Updating legacy attachments..." (2 of 41)

I did not manage to get that upgrade script to finish, so I took the working upgarde script from the published update and ran that. This finished without problems.
The resulting forum works ok (although the board index does not look ' clean' but I assume that is work in progress)

I have installed Tinyportal 2.0 without problems It is now up and running. Will have to redo some css tricks I used in the articles for it to look OK, but that is my problem.

The error we idscussed earlier seems to be gone, but I do have some other observations for you guys:

1. Errros still showup in log:    8: Undefined index: 5
File: /Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php
Lines: 970, 982, 999, 1021

These errors are thrown in every time I klik on Edit in an article. It has something to do with a block typ? ( echo $types[$block['var4']]['code_bottom']; )

2. I am missing the 'read more' link in the articles that use the introtext
see: http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?cat=6

Will be setting up the rest of TP and let you knwo what else I find...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 02:28:11 PM
Ok, so I took the latest sources from Github and did another upgrade.

Unfortunately the upgrade script for SMF got stuck at the step: Executing: "Updating legacy attachments..." (2 of 41)

I did not manage to get that upgrade script to finish, so I took the working upgarde script from the published update and ran that. This finished without problems.
The resulting forum works ok (although the board index does not look ' clean' but I assume that is work in progress)

I have installed Tinyportal 2.0 without problems It is now up and running. Will have to redo some css tricks I used in the articles for it to look OK, but that is my problem.

The error we idscussed earlier seems to be gone, but I do have some other observations for you guys:

1. Errros still showup in log:    8: Undefined index: 5
File: /Themes/default/TPsubs.template.php
Lines: 970, 982, 999, 1021

These errors are thrown in every time I klik on Edit in an article. It has something to do with a block typ? ( echo $types[$block['var4']]['code_bottom']; )

2. I am missing the 'read more' link in the articles that use the introtext
see: http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php?cat=6

Will be setting up the rest of TP and let you knwo what else I find...

Nice, slowly getting there then.  O0 I'm not sure why the read more link has gone awol.  Will have to look into this. Sure it worked for a article block when I tried it. You're scrolling news has taken a hit, and no longer scrolls.  Haven't tried using the move tags in SMF2.1 myself.

Your Downloads button on the main menu's missing a image.  Apart from those problems and the other's you mentioned it's looking pretty good from the outside. Adding the link again so we don't have to keep looking for it. http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php

Edit: forgot to mention. remember the theme used on your testsite http://test.fjr-club.nl/index.php is much narrower than the one on your main live site. http://www.fjr-club.nl/index.php so hat's also pushing the content downwards.

@rjen

As for the Board Index: I am aware of width limitations, I was referring to the alignment issues pointed out with the arrows in attached screenshot.

The error messages are gone now: in the upgrade all existing blocks lost their ' style' assiignment. Once I had assigned them all a style again (catbg+windowbg) errors stopped...

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 03:42:51 PM
As for the Board Index: I am aware of width limitations, I was referring to the alignment issues pointed out with the arrows in attached screenshot.

The error messages are gone now: in the upgrade all existing blocks lost their ' style' assiignment. Once I had assigned them all a style again (catbg+windowbg) errors stopped...

Strange, I'm not seeing this on my test forum, but mines probably out of date, it's a few weeks old now. Glad you sorted the errors though.

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on January 02, 2016, 03:42:51 PM

Actually, it's not like that when I view it, everything's lined up neatly.