TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 08:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 183
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57

Happy with your forum?

Started by akulion, October 27, 2006, 05:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

i think i just recruited the wrong team....

i mean a person giving a 100 line reply to a simple question like "how do i do this?" is obviously gona chase people away :2funny:

ive also monitored people on other site and to be honest it totally boggles me as to why they would wana stay there! lol With the exception of 1 site which i also frequent and it truly is a good site - most others are just TERRIBLE! Ah well I gues its just not in my destiny...i think ill just chill out lol

christicehurst

Quote from: Aku on October 28, 2006, 06:57:37 AM
Its good to see that people are fulfilling their targets :up:
But ive noticed in most cases the results achieved are for sites which are targeting smaller audiences.

I'm totally beat on why my forum dosent pick up - Ive got a google rank of 3, daily visits are between 2000 to 3000 and returning people vs new visitors is nearly equal standing at 46% (new) to 64% (returning) - data taken from google analytics.

I'm also having an issue that a LOT of people are contacting me via e-mail to ask questions which could easily be addressed on the forums. I have asked these people to sign up with no results. AAAhhh...I'm beat!

You are doing very well compared to others. Your membership growth is great compared to mine. However some interesting stats...

Path to Peace - 1024 Members / 1600 Posts plus
Writersmuster - 124 Members / 2300 Posts plus

I am predicted to get a PR4 soon but I don't think are they that great. But that stat is quite strange.

akulion

seems this was my peak season but i must have missed it :2funny:
Monthly Summary-New Topics-New Posts-New Members-Most Online-Page views
May 2006      679     4035     141     26     135787
April 2006    347    3035    137    20    113230

akulion

anyways enough about me lol

lets discuss issues which everyone else has and what improvements they would want

how about we all visit each others pages and write a small review?

what could we base the review on? Lets pick some points

christicehurst

Design would be number one for me and how to increase membership. That's all I can think of for now!

akulion

how about putting up a sign really big which says

"Hi your PC is not infected with a very deadly Virus - if you try and leave this site, your computer hard disk will be formatted immdiately. Your only option is to signup as a member and make 100 posts after which the Virus will automatically disable itself

PS: complaining about the virus in the posts or calling the administration bad will trigger the virus immediately - so post nicely

PPS: the virus will activate every week automatically unless you visit weekly and make a 100 posts"

:2funny:

christicehurst

Lol, are you on messager. There's a number of things I like to chat to you about. But it's too hard via posting.

akulion

As long as ur not micheal jackson and u dont want me coming over to ur farm :2funny:

my id on yahoo is ak44ak

christicehurst

Nah I'm not him, I do know one of his advisors lol.

Skhilled

Suggestion: for those with membership problems...have you tried going to sites as similar as yours and recruiting members? I don't mean stealing them but sites that allow you to post your links there.

Also, try to keep the latest content. They won't have a reason to go to many other places.

Maybe, even create a friendly competition be a similar site for content, etc. You'll both gain be adding each other's members.

For those with cPanel, try the "search engine submit", if your host provides this. :)