TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:24:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 107
  • Total: 107

Happy with your forum?

Started by akulion, October 27, 2006, 05:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

Quote from: Aku on October 27, 2006, 06:58:01 AM
10% is excellent!!

If it keeps up then ur in luck cos it means more activity :D

It's good, but that's with me constantly posting.  I'd like to have that number or higher, excluding me   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

akulion

Well today I have started a new campaign on my forum for posting more and monitoring the posts made more closely.

As you guys already know my forum is a religion forum - and unfortunately for me being mostly busy with the back end development of the site I was foolish enough to be unattentive to whats going on in the forum itself.

Well needless to say we have 40 page articles in a single post in many of them which I doubt anyone will ever be reading! And also misbehavior by people in general in many threads towards newbies who they chased away.

So now I'm gona start being more strict and giving the old members some spankings where necessary lol

It really sucks that u cant even trust ur own staff nowadays! What is the world coming to!!

christicehurst

That's a case I have problems with, trying to post and trying to improve the forum design. I have my moderators, reviewers and posting padded down. So I can try and get this design improved.

akulion

what really sucks for me is that my team is just taking a permanent vacation lol

theres loads of them but - they just chill out with the exception of a few who work pretty hard.

christicehurst

My numbers are abit low at the moment. However only 9 new members this month and we rose in posts by 1000. Writersmuster is a odd ball lol.

rbh

1. yeah, i am happy with it so far. i basically put it together for a personal site so a group of us could communicate and not worry about the heavy axe that some forum admins swing wrecklessly. ;)  others are always welcome to join, but it wasn't put together for the sole reason of large member bases.

2. yeah, i achieved my goals of a pretty easy going place to post stories, upload pictures, tell jokes, play games and so on. we get a little emotional in the sports boards, but when it comes to nascar and football most of us there are pretty passionate about our teams and drivers. ;D

3. i think a lot of the problems with building a member base is the fact that there are so many forums out there. i belong to probably 20 different outdoor sites and mainly read in most of them. i am active in maybe 5 or 6 but there is a lot of competition when trying to start your own boards up.

mnichols7

Seeing how my site is mostly for my sisters and myself, I have hit 100% I have a cousin and two friends and two nieces and two nephews who participate occasinally.  Plus, my grand daughter and several great nieces and one great nephew, who play along with help from their grand mother.  It is where we role play, tell stories, write poetry, shared photos and gossip and I am pretty happy with it.  I have one member from Taiwan who I have made an honorary sister because she is there every day.

I work hard to keep it up and I pay for everything and I make nothing and I don't want anything, I just enjoy doing it.

christicehurst

Quote from: Aku on October 27, 2006, 06:26:04 PM
what really sucks for me is that my team is just taking a permanent vacation lol

theres loads of them but - they just chill out with the exception of a few who work pretty hard.

We use to have a quick turnover with the reviewers and moderators but now it's set down for good which I'm happy with.

akulion

Its good to see that people are fulfilling their targets :up:
But ive noticed in most cases the results achieved are for sites which are targeting smaller audiences.

I'm totally beat on why my forum dosent pick up - Ive got a google rank of 3, daily visits are between 2000 to 3000 and returning people vs new visitors is nearly equal standing at 46% (new) to 64% (returning) - data taken from google analytics.

I'm also having an issue that a LOT of people are contacting me via e-mail to ask questions which could easily be addressed on the forums. I have asked these people to sign up with no results. AAAhhh...I'm beat!

RoarinRow

Aku, ones thing for sure you have an awesome site!  Not just religious content, but everything else under the sun to keep one busy for many moons.

It's really difficult to read people.  You can put polls out there as far as that they'd like to see on the site etc. but that doesn't always help either. 

I notice that when members have caught up reading the posts on my site, they go to another Avalanche truck site to catch up on their posts there, then come back and continue posting where they left off.  It's not that they're bored necessarily, they just want fresh content, or they want to be helpful to other members on other sites, or they just like showing off their truck.

Is there a similar site to yours that share the same members.  Maybe you can track their similiar behavior and go from there?

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0