TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:13:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 146
  • Total: 146

Formatting in TP

Started by nokonium, April 06, 2005, 06:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokonium

I have a two part question

1) Can anyone give me a guide/guidance on what format class applies to what in the style.css? Particularly relating to the blocks and articles.

2) Is it possible to use formats defined in the style.css in articles?

Bjørn

1. Style used in TP are from the theme.

catbg - titles in "forum news" on frontpage
titlebg - titles in articles, titles in blocks
windowbg2 - the article body, blocks body
windowbg - the article/news comment/readmore bar.
tborder - border around blocks
smalltext - often used in body, if not just from body tag or normaltext class.

2. Yes, if you use a style defined in your style.css in a article, it will show. It will probably NOT show when you write it(use the real code view to see the html code for this instead)

i have plans for making the editor "adopt" all styles in the styles menu in it though. It will also then actually show the style in the editor itself, not just in the article. 

Nokonium

Thanks Bloc, I use Opera all the time so I edit the article directly and only see code whilst editing.

I'm still discovering what html works and what doesn't. 'p' tags within the text give huge gaps, two 'br' tags work better but I haven't mastered creating a table yet.

BB code works well, if you only want simple formatting, it will also allow you to construct a table and format text differently within each cell.

Bjørn

yes, just using BBC in articles will be in, its tied to the option of not using the editor at all.

Nokonium

I've still got a bit I cannot master, the bar that the blocks are on (left or right) is #D4D4D4 but I cannot find where to change it.

I'm trying to get a background texture to show through, same as I've done with the forum/centre panel. I've been through everything in the style sheet and I'm now flummoxed.

Bjørn

Its not in the style.css - its in the index.template.php.

Just search for #d4d4d4....

Nokonium