TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:31:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

Chat Bot Block

Started by akulion, July 19, 2006, 09:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gfxindia

bubbel

Ohh wow, i need to get me one of these. Haha  :2funny:

schzongx

This is so damn important not to mention super cool...
Thanks a million man for sharing. Anyway, what's the difference between the silver A.L.I.C.E with pandorabot?

Aku, how can I can the color to very light gray (10-15% gray) from your code?

<html>
<head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
<title>Mr. Bear</title>
</head><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000" style="font-family: verdana, helvetica; font-size: 10px" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0">

<div align="center">  <table width="100%" HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%" border="1" cellspacing="0" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="0"><center><tr><td bgcolor="#FFFFFF" HEIGHT="100%" WIDTH="100%"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><center>
Mr. Bear</center><BR><center>
<I>Mr. Bear</I>:
!OUTPUT!
<form method="POST">Ask:
<input type="TEXT" name="input" size="18"></form>
</form></font><font face="Times New Roman" size="1">Ã,©</font><font face="Verdana" size="1"><a target="_blank" href="http://path-to-peace.net">Path To Peace</a></font></td></tr></table></center></div></body>
</html>

Please highlight it for me, I don't know how to read code :uglystupid2:

I noticed that the bot will still display the chat when I browse other thread in my forum and only disappear until I close my firefox. how to make it not display the chat when I browse other thread in my forum?

Please help.

Thanks!

elliel

Quote from: Marian on November 04, 2006, 10:18:01 PM
All of a sudden my image for my chat bot wouldn't load.  After much research, I found my problem.  I had enabled hot link protection for my site.  After I disabled it, my images came back!  Even though my site's url was in the list to allow for image linking.

Maybe I should add the url for the forum, maybe then I would still have the hot link protection but still be able to link to images on my server. What do you think?

I had the same problem and ended up putting the bot.gif at imageshack lol

G6Cad

@ schzongx   Please use code tags when you post code  ;)
It's very hard to get the code correct when you just post it with out them.   The code tag button is the one with the #

akulion

to get a grey color all u could have to do is enclose the text out put in a font color tag like so...

<font color="#F0F0F4"><I>Mr. Bear</I>: !OUTPUT! </font>

as for now displaying it in your forum or when browsing ther parts of the site...simply use the inbuilt feature in TP to display blocks for only certain parts of the site. You will find it at the bottom in a drop down box when editing a block

weblady

I LOVE my CHAT BOT!  thank you so much for this idea, and the code!

see Lady Bot in action at The Ladies Place Community!

I plan to change the pic up... since that's my avatar, but I love it so far!  KUDOS!

mnichols7

I know this topic has been inactive for some time but I came back to get the lazy man code for the chat bot.  Due to an upgrade error by Fantastico, I have lost  completely my Characters Environments forum thus I am forced to start from scratch.

I had upgraded my bot to a Site Pal image.  There's plenty of function with Site Pal but in order for members to talk with my bot on the forum I need the basic code which I have learned to adjust.  Don't know code well but with my Coffee Cup HTML editor, I get by.  Maybe this post will bring this topic to the top for a short while.

I missed y'all.  :)