TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 21, 2024, 07:52:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 97
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58

Advanced Shout Box dl link?

Started by americangothic, February 24, 2009, 04:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

americangothic

From the link you keep force-feeding me and I keep telling you I have looked at, and followed to a T:

Quote from: G6 on March 02, 2009, 06:59:16 PM
Updating

In TP 1.0.5 several locations where TP modifies SMF files have been changed. Its therefore needed to remove any old installation of v0.9 before installing TP1.0.5. Primary its the SMF file modifications that needs to go, everything else will be preserved of course. The way to do this can be many, but the 2 main methods are:

1.) Simply un-install TP 0.9 first, then upload and install fresh TP 1.0.5 It will sense the old installation, since any un-install will not remove any TP files or data.

2.) The second method has slightly more to it, and it WILL wipe other SMF mods as well. But for many it might be necessary if 0.9 won't un-install easily.

* Upload the update files for your current SMF installation, and run upgrade.php
    * Re-install TP 1.0.5 afterwards, it will sense the old TP files/data and restore them

This is a new install, vanilla install, no other mods, packages, etc. This is NOT an update in any manner, shape or fashion.

Where is my old Shoutbox?

Due to the transformation of Shoutbox to an external module, there are also a few steps to take if you want to re-use the shoutbox again.

* Go to "modules" section and to the tab "uploaded modules". Install the shoutbox module, either one of them or both
    * Go back to the blocks, either modify the older "shoutbox" block(now as a "blank" block) or create a new. In both cases choose the type as "TP module"..the last of the list there. Save and then edit again, this time a list of installed modules should appear for you too choose
    * Choose the shout module you like and save
    * Check that the block render the shoutbox

I followed this to a T. It still does not work. If you don't believe me log in to my site as the admin and check for yourself.

About blocks and panels

- Another issue to look out for is the default setting of new blocks, which is changed. Now they are NOT set to show everywhere, you will need to set that first. Note that a warning will show if the block isn't set to any location yet.

- Panels have essentially the same names, but the old "center" panel is no called "upper" panel. The extra added are "top", "bottom" and "lower".

The SB panel/module and a test block are set to be visible both in the Left Panel. Neither are showing up.

Ken.

Send me a PM with a temp admin account login and I'll take a look if you like.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Ken.

Quote from: Ken. on March 02, 2009, 07:41:49 PM
Send me a PM with a temp admin account login and I'll take a look if you like.

Fixed.
Your settings were all correct, except for:
When you make a block there are options for where it should display, see the ss below.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

americangothic

G6Cad

At the same page that opens up when you create a block

americangothic

Where? This is what I see when I hit the add new block link form the panels section:

ZarPrime

Depends on what version of TP you are using but generally you look for where it says ...
Go to visible options
Choose where the block should appear.

Click that, and it will take you to the visual options for the block.

ZarPrime

Ken.

Quote from: americangothic on March 02, 2009, 08:49:41 PM
Where? This is what I see when I hit the add new block link form the panels section:

Open one of the blocks for edit... Look on the line above the 'Save' button and you'll see this; "Choose where the block should appear. [Show] [Hide]"

Click on [Show] and you'll see the page options.

EDIT: You should see those options when making a new block as well as when doing an edit on an existing block.

americangothic

Ken.