TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 02:50:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 77
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57

Advanced Shout Box dl link?

Started by americangothic, February 24, 2009, 04:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

americangothic

americangothic

None of those apply to my post. Thanks though. All I wanted to know was where the DL link was, but I have since realized it isn't a TP mod, it's the same thing as YShout.

Ken.

The  Advanced Shout Box is not currently available or supported for TinyPortal.

Try the TP Simple Shoutbox and I think you'll find it works just fine. :)
While it may not have all of the extra features of the Advanced version it is nonetheless an excellent Module for TP and most users like it.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

americangothic

I couldn't get it to work; not on any theme  :(

G6Cad

Why is the shoutbox not showing in TP 1.0?.html

That IS what you need to get the shoutbox installed, offcourse you need TP installed to get it to work at all.

For your stream issues, they are compleatly a premission issues, if you cant set the correct permissions 755 on folders, and 655 on files, then your host have to change it for you.

If you got the stream error during install, most likly your install went bad over all as TP creates and change a lot of files.
So manually check that EVERYTHING did install properly.
How do I manually install TinyPortal
Modification Instructions

americangothic

I DID follow that read me, and it didn't work, hence my asking where the link to download the advanced shoutbox was at. I appreciate you guys trying to help but throwing more read me links at me won't help in this situation.

I don't want to manually install the TP Shoutbox because the last time I did that it shows up on the site without the module or block container normally seen. It looks out of place basically *shrug*.

Renegd98

They havn't been wanitng you to manually install the shoutbox, they are wanting you to follow the manual install instructions for TP itself.  The shoutbox is a module of TP and if TP is not installed correctly then the chance of the shoutbox not working increases.

So I suggest you go thru the manual install instructions for TP and ensure it is installed correctly.

Once you have done that come let us know and we can go from there.

americangothic

Are there instructions for removing TP properly? Also, am I going to lose the last umteen hours worth of work I have spent getting it integrated exactly the way I need it?

Renegd98

You should not lose any work as it is saved in the database.

Using the manual instructions will just ensure that the entries that TP requires be made in other files are in fact there. if they are missing then you will need to add the code entries as described in the instructions.

Uninstall is done via the package manager.