TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 03:32:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123

Layout Problems

Started by Elen, February 05, 2006, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

I've installed Tiny Portal and am using the Helios theme (yes, the one for TP) and have several problems I'm going round and round with.  The site is at http://crimson-dragoonz.com/crimson/index.php

1)  the box that used to be at the top left of the page with the user info in it has disappeared.

2) the log no longer displays.  I've tried just putting in the file name and also putting the full URL of the image but it doesn't show.

3) On the main page there is no frame around the main part of the page, only around the left sidebar.  I'm displaying this site in the same template and the main page looks gorgeous how do I make mine look the same?

Tiny Portal is a great feature but some basic documentation would be nice!

Many Thanks

Xarcell

Have you created, or altered in blocks? Especially layout? Sometimes, if you don't have your tables written properly, it will cause this. Try disabling all blocks except the userinfo box for the time being and see what happens.

Then come back and let us know what happened.

Elen

I've now deleted all the blocks except the user panel in the left side bar.  Originally the user info used to appear at the top of the page, now the only place I can get it tp appear is in the side bar.

This is a screenshot of my page :

This is a screenshot of what I see on the main page here, using the same theme :

Rasyr

In your first image, see the two little arrow images beside the menu buttons (home, forum, search, etc.)

You have 1 pointing down, the other pointing up. Click on the one that points down, and you should see the user info at the top again. The use info stuff is collapsable, and it looks like you have it collapsed, thus is doesn't show.

Elen

Doh!  Well, at least it was something simple and from now on I'll definitely remember what that button does!  Thanks :)

The only problem I'm still left with is the lack of a frame around the main section on the main page.  Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Elen

Please somebody!  Can anybody explain why my articles don't appear in a nice frame like they do on this site?  (see screen shots above)  I'm starting to get a dent in my head from banging it on my desk in frustration  :-X

crip

Your articels will appear as you have styled them, plain jane..or fancy up some the way you want. :)

Elen

It's not the articles themselves that are the problem.  There are 2 panels - a left and a centre - the left one has a frame round it, the centre one doesn't.  The content of the centre panel on the main page on this site has a metalic frame around it (like the left panel) and a large red bar across the top - the content of the centre panel on my site doesn't.  I would like it too.  I've fiddle around with every setting I can find.

crip

Helios Multi is a complex Theme that I really don't understand that much, help will be available shortly

IchBin

In the current theme settings in your admin panel, there is an option to set a border around that.

Elen

I can see
Quoteuse "metal" boxes around sidebars
but that's ticked and only seems to put the frame around the left and right sidebars.

Elen

Please - can someone who's familiar with the theme answer my question?  I've been asking it for days now :(

crip

I don't think that Bloc added the checkbox in he lastest version of TP_Helios_Multi to hide the bars..I may be wrong though?

IchBin

Quote from: Elen on February 07, 2006, 01:52:52 PM
Please - can someone who's familiar with the theme answer my question?  I've been asking it for days now :(
Elen, you probably could have solved this issue if you had followed the posting guidlelines in my signature. Unfortunately many people don't, so we don't have the proper information so that we are able to know what it is exactly that we are looking at. When you say, " I've been asking it for days now :(" that makes me feel like we haven't been helping, when in reality we have all been striving to solve your issues.

To answer your question, you are using the wrong version of the helios theme. It looks to me like you're using the helios theme version for SMF 1.1 RC1. You're SMF forum is SMF 1.0.6. You need to uninstall that helios theme you have, and install the correct version. I'd further like to add that I'm not sure if Bloc updated the older 1.0.5/1.0.6 theme to have all of the borders that you see on the RC1/RC2 theme. So even after you install the correct theme, you may not get the borders....

Elen

Why does it look like the wrong version of the theme?  I downloaded it from http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item92

I'm sorry if you feel if I've posted innappropriately but having looked at the posting guidlines you mentioned I'm unclear what you think I've done wrong?

Quote1. Choose an appropriate subject line. Use the issue you are having as your topic. Try to summarise the problem briefly in the subject, and elaborate in the message itself.
   2. Keep all posts on-topic.
   3. Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place.
   4. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved.
   5. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
   6. Keep all posts on-topic.
   7. Please do not ask your own question in a thread unless it is related to the topic. In other words, please don't hijack the thread and make it  yours.

Help The Members Help You
   Here are a few things to include in your post that will expedite resolution of your issue/question.
   1. If you have a URL, please post it.
   2. If you are getting an error message, copy it and paste it into your post. You can delete any privacy info, like usernames, etc., but try to keep as much of the error message intact as possible.
   3. Let us know what version(s) you are using.
        Examples
               Apollo (SMF v1.0/1.0.1-1.0.5)
               Apollo TP theme (SMF1.0.5/1.1beta3)
   4. Do you have any mods installed? If yes, tell us.

1.  I don't think my title's innaccurate or innappropriate
2.  All my posts have been on topic
3.  Is this not the appropriate forum for my post?
4.  I assume it must be as it hasn't been moved
5.  I haven't
6. as #2
7.  I haven't hijacked the thread - I started it.

I posted my URL, there were no error messages, I dodn't post the version as I'd posted in the board appropriate to the version I'm using however I did say which theme I was having the problem with, I don't have any mods installed so I can't tell you about them.

G6Cad

The link posted leads to the right Theme for your version of SMF.
Have you tried to replace the TP files to make sure they are not corrupt ?

I have seen several issues been solved by re upload the index.template.php file.
Delete the "old" one in the Helios theme and replace with the new one.

IchBin

The reason I posted for you to use the posting guidelines is because you did not post the versions of SMF and themes etc. Also, if you did not have any mods installed which might affect the theme. If you answer these questions (in your first post) it can save us a page or two in trouble shooting your problem.

The reason I know it is not a 1.0.5/1.0.6 theme is because when I look at the source I see RC1 information. Please uninstall your helios theme and install the one located in the link you just posted so that we can make sure that is not the problem.

IchBin

Actually delay that order. :) After looking more closely your theme appears to be ok.

It appears after looking at the 1.0.5/1.0.6 version of the theme that it does not have the feature you are asking for. Sorry, but that is something Bloc did not add for the theme until RC1/RC2 came out. My apologies for taking so long to get to the bottom of this.

Elen

Thank you for clearing that up  :)  In the meantime I've installed the lates version of SMF and TinyPortal on my test site and can see that it now looks the same as this site.  Now I'd better go and upgrade my forum and start again *sigh*