TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:38:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,176
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

Amber Alert

Started by rbh, April 12, 2006, 07:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormlrd

yes ive been running one for quite sometime but mines a global i put on the main index at bottom because its been very important to me and my family as my wife was involved in helping getting the program setup.

We also continued on with the fact that she lost a baby before we married to product safety (window blinds in particular) so even if someone finds it tacky they will atleast think about it for a few seconds and even if it helps save just one, just one life than its all worth it isnt it?

rbh

i'll admit my fault in this matter and should have not even responded to begin with, it's just when someone starts their first response by saying they don't mean to offend, they know what they are gonna follow with will create a reaction. if they felt it was enough to say this before they began, then they had full knowledge that what they was about to post had a strong chance of ruffling some feathers. anyways, sorry for back and forths and i still say the thread should have been locked back when this started. :knuppel2:

just for the record though, this script is not harmful to your site nor to the internet. the cons have been posted, and now the pros. as of this year there are over 1 billion websites hosting an amber alert ticker worldwide so if it was a script that was harmful and destructive to a websites performance, a billion people can't be wrong. ;) i have it running, and comparing page load speeds with it installed compared to uninstalled showed absolutley no difference. i will also bring to fact that in the few years i have run this script, i have never had it alert more then 2 or 3 alerts at the same time on any given day even though this is a national alert system so there are no fears of 500 kids being kidnapped in the same day.

stormlrd, that was my point to begin with. even if it the ticker you run only helps once in 100 years, wouldn't it be worth it?

G6Cad

As you are the topic starter and you feel that the topic should be locked, i lock it here :)

If you want to continue, you have the option as the thread starter to unlock.