TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:29:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

christmasdisplays.co.nz

Started by dbailey, March 20, 2011, 10:18:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbailey

GENERAL
Site Name: christmasdisplays.co.nz
Site URL: http://www.christmasdisplays.co.nz
Site Owner: Duane
Site Designer: Me
Theme Designer: Heavily modded silentwave_20rc3
Site Genre: Christmas

INTRODUCTION
This is a site that I have had for almost 5 years or so. Originally it was in Joomla with a bridge to SMF and Gallery2. Needless to say it was awkward at the best of times. Since I still wanted to use SMF I searched for portals and found TP. I have been running both for about 2 years now. Great mods. I have a little problem with users submitting articles since my database is an import from SMF1 (but that's another story). I hope you like. Please comment with suggestion or comments.
Cheers for now.

FEEDBACK (optional)
"Dear Santa, All I want for Christmas is your list of girls who were naughty."
This message represents the official view of ALL the voices in my head.

lurkalot

Looks great, some useful info on there too.  ;)

A couple of side notes.  You seem to be using a old out of date and insecure version of SMF RC3.  I'd be worried about that.  The version of TP is also behind.

The article about, the BelkinFMTransmitterModification, doesn't seem to describe the problem, and what it was set out to achieve.  I'm assuming it's showing you how to upgrade the antenna?  I know the range isn't too good on these things. 

Apart from that, nice job.   O0

dbailey

Great thanks for the feedback.
Both now updated and the article title fixed.

Thanks

lurkalot

Nice work.  I can only assume the upgrades went well.  all seems to be working nicely.  ;)

Going to bookmark your site, there's some useful info on there.  O0

Cheers.

dbailey

yeah mostly. I had to reinstall some packages and make sure the language of the blocks had english set. I just tested the registration, it appears the email system has stopped working. I didn't receive the activation code nor did I receive the admin email to say someone new has registered. I'm yet to do a search to find if anyone else had this problem and if it is fixable.

lurkalot

Quote from: dbailey on March 21, 2011, 09:22:38 AM

nor did I receive the admin email to say someone new has registered. I'm yet to do a search to find if anyone else had this problem and if it is fixable.

This one should be fixable, try, Admin / Registration / Settings.  You should see a checkbox next to, "Notify administrators when a new member joins"

The other problem I'm not sure about yet. ;)

ZarPrime

dbailey,

Your site looks very nice, very Christmassy so to speak.  TinyPortal is well suited for your site and you have done a nice job there.

One thing I would recommend there though.  Since your theme is a "Heavily modded silentwave_20rc3", I would suggest that you restore DzinerStudio's copyright into the footer on your site since it is their theme.  They wouldn't be too happy if they see the theme copyright missing.  You can read more about this on the terms of use page on their site under "6. Modifications" at this link --> http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?action=terms

ZarPrime