TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 118
  • Total: 118

Hiding and then showing Blocks half the size

Started by Delayed, March 13, 2006, 07:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delayed

I did a search for Blocks and Columns but didn't find anything about this.  I have witnessed this bug or whatever in Mozilla, IE, Opera.  If this is mentioned somewhere else I am sorry. 

Anyway, I have been messing with the hide and show blocks in the the settings to see what I want to show in the forum and on the front page.  Right now I have show the left column in everything set and the right column only on the front page. 

If I go into the forum for example and decide I want to hide the left block and then go to a different page such as the calendar that I haven't been to and then try to show the left block again it is half the size that what it should be when it is unhidden.  It only takes a refresh to fix it but I thought that it was worth pointing out

If I have both shown throughout the site and then hide them say in the forum and then go to a page that is not cached and choose to reshow them the left one it is half the size and on the right the text is all shifted right in those but the column is the right width. When I say half the size above I mean half the width.  This is also fixed on a refresh. 

If it might make any difference this is all done on a Mac 10.2.8.  But if I am seeing it on all three browsers I would say that it is not Mac specific.

Again Sorry if this has been mentioned but couldn't find it.

Edit: Since I am new to this whole thing I am using Tiny Portal .086 and 1.1 RC2

bloc

This is a more general browser issue..but I haven't found a solution for it.

Crip

This has not happened to me.. IE - FF..if I hide a block it's hide..until i change it to show..?
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Delayed

I am sorry, regarding the last post since I know that we all may be from different countries and the engish may not translate completely.  When I mean hide show I mean the minimize with the plus minus symbols for the left and right blocks.  Not hide and show in the settings.  Both would be checked to show in the server settings.  Minimize is where I am having the problem according to a user wanting to click on the minus/plus buttons. 

Hope this clears that up, I may not understand the last post completely either.

bloc

I was indeed referring to the plus and minus signs. :)

Delayed

I was referring more to JP's post since it sounded like he was referring more to the settings rather than the options that were available to the user. 

I take it that you have seen this then Bloc?

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

bloc

Its not something which is easily solved..the browser do not always revert back to original size when you use javascript to change a elements width. Sometimes its becuase of the theme itself, other times its the browser.

G6Cad

I had that to before i fixed another issue with the forum tables not align centerd, but when i fixed that, it fixed the blocks to at the same time.

In index.template.php for the theme you using find

// TinyPortal
       }
//  end

echo '<tr><td colspan="2"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>';
// TinyPortal integrated bars
          if($context['TPortal']['leftbar'])

Replace with this code and see if it helps you to

// TinyPortal
       }
//  end

echo '<tr><td colspan="2"><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>';
// TinyPortal integrated bars
          if($context['TPortal']['leftbar'])