TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 07:25:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 102
  • @rjen

Problem with index.php

Started by Veleno, March 14, 2006, 04:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

well.... I am at a loss. I don't know what is going on. If you need to you can always uninstall TP by replacing all the files with the original SMF files. But that isn't what you want to do I'm sure. I guess you could try my index.php file.... although it is the same maybe there is something about it that will work. *crosses fingers* :)

I would suggest asking over at SMF too.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Veleno

IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ i did't resolve my problem but i tanks you very much for interesting in this hurting situation.

for this moment i removed TP but i hop to discover as soon as possible the cause of the problem...

see you soon... and thanks agayn...

IchBin

Sorry I couldn't figure anything out. I hope Bloc may have a few words of advice for you.

Veleno

I hope Bloc will read my post soon...

I was thinking.... up to me , my problem could be a mistake in directory permission or a bad configuration of php.ini or apache.conf, for example, tp needs magic quotes for slash appending? or needs some particular file permission on a linux filesystem? i think it could be the reason that makes browsers download index.php insted of execute it...

Any idea or requirement about tp?

I had the same problem when i installed MKPortal, so now i think it is a problem relative to my server config...

One thing is strange , if smf is running alone, he runs very well!

crip

Want me to try help you with this?

Veleno

yes of course , i was replyng ichBin

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on March 14, 2006, 06:17:49 PM
Sorry I couldn't figure anything out. I hope Bloc may have a few words of advice for you.

i have checked (excuse me for my english) the httpd.conf and i read that in the virtual server conf there are some directives missing, such as: Exec CGI programs - Follow symbolic links - Include ed Exec Server-side - Include Server-side

do u think it may be a problem?

crip

Yes..it could be..

I looked at you site..i click help button..it shows nothing too..could be missing language files/strings..CGI..could be problem, SMF + TP use only php/css/html..also permissions or wrong config..some things to look at..i help if needed.

IchBin

Veleno, I am also thinking it is a server issue. Although I am unsure what causes this. I also run my own linux server with SMF+TP, but I've never had such a problem. If I were you, I would ask in a linux forum to see what some people say. In fact, I'll go ask you're question in one the linux forums I hang out at.

Veleno

thank you crip and thank you ichbin for helping me, i'm waiting for smitalia to release the italian lenguage files for smf 1.1rc2
when available i will reinstall tp on my site and test the new http.conf, i hope it will run without problems.

ichbin may you post here your httpd.conf ? only the virtual server (or default server) section. so i will see if my conf is differento by yours, i refer to the directives i quoted up in this topic...

i'm agree with you the problem should be the server conf!

thank u again

crip