TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:23:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,176
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

[Discussion] Tabbed Block by Mouse Over

Started by Freddy, September 05, 2009, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddy

Hmm, well I downloaded the slideshow and set it up on my 0.9.8 forum.  I put the HTML code for it into a scriptblock and it works fine in IE 7.  So I can't replicate the problem I am afraid.

Did you try moving the javascript yet ?  I found it works fine with it in the block or in the header of index.template.php

:buck2:

I just used ietester and it works in IE6 and IE8 too...

You might want to check your code in the slideshow block - look for things like unclosed HTML tags.  Run it through an HTML validator if you need to... I'm thinking something may be overflowing into the tabbed block because of the order quirk.

http://validator.w3.org/

dimdom

freddy888, I tried the first method and still doesnt work.

(See the images from FF and IE8).

I attach the code for  my slideshow block:

code removed because it was too big and no useful to anyone but me

I dont think that there is any error in this...

I will try the opposite approach. To put the motool.js in indextemplate. Hope it works.

Freddy

Nothing wrong with your code.  I tried using your actual code here, but it doesn't want to work, even though it has full urls.  Maybe you have hot linking turned off ?  Could also be language problems too though.

Well, how about we try another approach - save your HTML code for the gallery in an external file rather than have it in a block.  And instead use an HTML block and grab it using an iframe...

Something like this :

<iframe src="path/to/slideshow.html" width="100%" scrolling="no" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

It works here, perhaps this will stop it clashing with the other javascript if that's what is happening.  It's strange it works for me and not for you though.  You have to make sure your paths are still right- but dropping it the root forum directory should be ok.

Only other thing I can think of is have you updated your Java lately ?

But before that maybe you could set it up so I can test it with my version of IE live on your site - just to see if it is a problem with your IE or not.

dimdom

Hot linking is off.  :)

Go ahead and try live now. They are both published in my first page.

Freddy

It working for me lol... must be something to do with your IE I guess.

There is an error message in the tabs block though.

dimdom

!!! Thanx!  :D

You are right!

I just checked it in my other two pcs and it is working ok.

I dont know what to say...

As for the SSI error, I dont see it in my three computers and in all browsers...

Freddy

Haha, well at least we figured it out, but I don't know what this error message is meaning :

QuoteNotice: ΤÏÅ' SSI.php δέν μÏâ,¬ÃÅ'ρεÏÆ'ε νά φορτώÏÆ'ει μία Ïâ,¬ÃŽÂµÃÂÃŽÂ¯ÃŽÂ¿ÃŽÂ´ÃŽÂ¿ λειτουργίας! Κάτι τέτοιο μÏâ,¬ÃŽÂ¿ÃÂÃŽÂµÃ¡Â¿â€" νά Ïâ,¬ÃÂÃŽÂ¿ÃŽÂºÃŽÂ±ÃŽÂ»ÃŽÂ­ÃÆ'ει Ïâ,¬ÃÂÃŽÂ¿ÃŽÂ²ÃŽÂ»ÃŽÂ®ÃŽÂ¼ÃŽÂ±Ãâ€žÃŽÂ± ÏÆ'τήν á¼â,¬Ãâ,¬ÃŽÂ¿ÃÆ'ύνδεÏÆ'η καί ÏÆ'έ ἄλλες λειτουργίες - Ïâ,¬ÃŽÂ±ÃÂÃŽÂ±ÃŽÂºÃŽÂ±ÃŽÂ»Ã¡Â¿Â¶ βεβαιωθεá¿â€"τε ὅτι Ï„ÏÅ' SSI.php Ïâ,¬ÃŽÂµÃÂÃŽÂ¹ÃŽÂ»ÃŽÂ±ÃŽÂ¼ÃŽÂ²ÃŽÂ¬ÃŽÂ½ÃŽÂµÃâ€žÃŽÂ±ÃŽÂ¹ Ïâ,¬ÃÂÃŽÂ¯ÃŽÂ½ *ὁτιδήÏâ,¬ÃŽÂ¿Ãâ€žÃŽÂµ* ἄλλο ÏÆ'τά á¼â,¬ÃÂÃâ€¡ÃŽÂµÃ¡Â¿â€"α ÏÆ'ας! in /home/autho5/public_html/SMF/SSI.php on line 167

Unless it's something to do with languages installed or something...

Freddy

Ohh don't worry, it was because I had an old session in my link.  I cleared it and its ok now.  Sorry LOL

dimdom

The bottom line is that you have created a very useful and genious block!

Freddy

;D Thanks, your site is looking really nice btw, very professional.  You just need to fix your IE  ;)