TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,176
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 108
  • Total: 108

RSS not working with this forum

Started by samo_zin123, January 12, 2008, 04:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samo_zin123

hey every one
  i hate to say tp RSS doesnt get the topix well  it brings different litters  not in my forum language
by the way   my site language is arabic/english
the problem is
when i tried to use the RSS block. using the rss xml link for an arabic site  the  block  brought very wierd litters  not arabic not any language ( words composed of 3 litters only ) makes the site look like shit

but when i tried to use rss.xml  link for an english site   it works great no problem with inglish

any one can help and tell to fix that ?
i got 2 site i wanna  connect them to each other by using the rss topix and blocks
plzzzzzzzz help me

samo_zin123

i think its utf-8 issue  any one can tell to change that thing releated to the rss  only not the whole forum i dont to change  my forum to utf-8

plz help

TedNigma

Try going to 'block manager', click on the 'hammer icon' to edit the RSS feed for the block.  At the VERY bottom there is an option that says 'show for this language', there is an Arabic UTF-8 option.

Not exactly SURE, however logically it means to show the BLOCK in that language, and not the forum as a whole.

GL!!

Now, if I can limit my RSS return articles to 5, or place them into a scrolling box, I'd be set. LOL!!

IchBin

TedNigma

Thank you much.  I already found the rss to java suggestion I found via a forum search, and am playing now.  Can ALWAYS use a good tip though!

Thanks a TON!
-cheers-
Ted