TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 04:33:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,176
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 127
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 94

The Download Manager - Close but No Cigar

Started by _Pegasus, February 22, 2007, 07:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowrose

I had this same problem as well but there is an easy solution to this.

Upload your files through ftp.

Once you have so many uploaded you go into admin panel/downloads manager.

You will see an ftp tab. When you click the ftp tab you will see all the files you uploaded with little check boxes beside them. You will also see asign this to the right of each filename with boxes set below the list. You can create new categories and asign where each file will be found in the downloads.

Whoever you give the manage downloads permission to in the permissions will also be able to asign files in this manner. I know it's going to be a huge help to me and I hope you can find this method useful as well.

Hope it helps.

domineaux

Quote from: _Pegasus on February 24, 2007, 10:51:20 PM
Is there something within the Download Manager that restricts the size of the upload? I mean other than the setting in the admin menu?

I have that set to 15000000000 Kb (just for testing)... and I can manually FTP very large files to my host... but I can not upload a file via the Download Manager that is more than a meg or so in size.

I always get the following error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
The upload was not able to complete.This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

As mentioned ealier, I can FTP large fioles to this host. I also checked the error logs on the host system and there weren't any.

* The forum errors logs show the same error message, with the script where thre error is trapped being  ...index.php?action=tpmod;dl=upload

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

You upload anything via FTP size wise in most cases.

You cannot use a browse/upload utility from your site and do this as a rule, because your host has probably set a limit in PHP.INI on file sizes. Mine for example only allows 8MB.  He wanted more money for 10MB up and down.  I just tell everyone to build a pile of archives that link with the WINRAR and then I host the files in 8MB increments.

G'day

olti

Is there any way to add to the DL Manager files from external servers/sites? I mean simply to add an url and not uploading files in my server.

IchBin

Nope, there is not. Future plans will have more options though.