TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:36:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 72
  • illori

Another Long (but good) List Of Sugesstions.

Started by Xarcell, January 24, 2006, 04:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

Ok, here is the smackdown.

------------------------------------------

• Allow Comments On Articles.

• Allow A Poll Results On Articles. Maybe come up with a way to display poll results from a particluar poll to appear  at the bottom of an article.

• Make A Rating Module. I think it would be better to make now, so that  it's easier to intergrade it into other modules such as downloads, arcade, gallery, articles, topics, etc. Maybe you can take over oldiesmann review module. He doesn't seem to have time to support it anymore.

• Topsite Module: usings ratings or hits to show ranking of user submitted sites.

• Survey Module: "basic"-make it similair to multiple polls per page(survey). "advanced" -also allow at least one written answer, that appears as a comment/reply.

• Depository Feature: a page that lists an admin selected number of recent :(5 for example) "articles, replies, comments, polls, downloads, uploads, arcade scores, survey, topics, members, attachments, rating, topsite, etc". Everything possiable. Need a better name though.

• Show Blocks On "module" Feature. I think there should be an option for every module to show blocks "yes/no" when viewing the module's index page. Currently for example, I'd like to turn blocks on Downloads off. Just like when viewing forum...

anunlike

I'd also like to see a "Discuss in the forums" (or whatever) link for the forum posts shown as articles (maybe all articles?) shown on the front page.

Xarcell

O, that's something I forgot to add. In writing articles, have an option to "post in forums", or like anunlike says, "discuss in forums" or allow "forum discussion".

anunlike

Yeah, and I think it'd be good to see a button or text on the article itself for anyone reading the article or reading it on the front page giving the option to go to the forum topic and to post something, if a forum topic is already there.

If there's no forum topic already, I was still meaning that it would be really cool to give the option to go through the whole process of setting up a forum topic and having a button or text on the article for anyone reading the article or reading it on the front page.

gerrymo

I dont think it's a good list of suggestions at all. The way this is going, half of each article will be links to other things. Its going to end up way too cluttered if you keep adding new things in.

The only thing in your list Xarcell, that I would be very keen to see would be a reviews module.

The thing is this, Bloc doesn't have time to do everything at once. He has already said what he is working on for the next release.

anunlike

Quote from: gerrymo on March 18, 2006, 12:58:30 PMThe thing is this, Bloc doesn't have time to do everything at once. He has already said what he is working on for the next release.

These things don't have to be done for the next release, they're just suggestions, to be added some time. :)

feline

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

eldacar

I prefer to use articles as sort of static pages, or php pages.

What I would really love would be to specify exactly which topics should be shown on the front page, rather than just limiting it to 1 board (or 5 in .9). Even if it was extremely haxxy and I had to manually add topics to the list through phpmyadmin.

bloc

Specific topics? To have a set of topics always present sort of?

Regarding polls etc. attached to an article I am not sure..but a way to link an article to a forum post/topic is something i think would be handy. Reviews will kind of be the same as a forum-post-link..but a rating could be handy.

Currently I have added the option to show all articles in the same category, and there is also "edit article" link. So to not clutter this too much more, more options will be more unobtrusive..like a just a short text for rating for example or/and a print icon..

Anyways, look at the frontpage now, for a demonstration of the new features.

eldacar

That front page is amazing :o

:o :D

and another :D just for effect hehe

What the front page does now basically is articles + topics in board #3, sorted by date, for example. What I would like to do is articles + topics in list sorted by date, where the list is a custom list consisting of topics from boards anywhere in the forum. Articles now have a button saying "show on frontpage" and another saying "featured", what I'd like is to have a similar on/off button in every thread to say "show on front page". If that's too much trouble, I am going to consider making a simple mod for myself where I can just manually do this through phpmyadmin. I'd release it to others if they wanted.

bloc

Not an bad idea really. :) What you will need is some interface to have topic numbers added to a setting automatically, so that a custom call in TP can collect the topics from this "pool" of topic numbers. It would need something to be added into Display.template..but other than that its would not be too much trouble, no.