TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:20:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 129
  • @rjen

Mini calendar SMF2.1 - does not support unicode letters?

Started by PoML, July 16, 2023, 10:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoML

I have used this updated version of the mini-calendar. Even though it miss the color-coding of the original, it is good to be able to see a calendar on the front page with link to the regular calendar.

However - it somehow strips a bit off the unicode letters ÆØÅ (in the example U+000F8) so that Norwegian days in the weekend has a question mark instead of the ø that should be there.
See the difference between the built-in and block code calendar here:

Ideally, I would love a block that simply added the built-in calendar to the front page, but where a click would bring up any events rather than create a new.

McFly

Quote from: PoML on July 16, 2023, 10:57:09 PM... Even though it miss the color-coding of the original, ...

To display the calendar block also in the style of the current theme, the calendar.css must also be loaded inside the block. This is otherwise only loaded when the calendar page is called. After that the table, its rows and columns would have to be provided with the appropriate classes.

Display problems of Unicode characters are mostly due to a non-uniform sequence of storing and reading the character to be displayed (utf8/ansi). If the texts with the characters are stored in a file, saving the file in utf8 format often helps.
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance."

Testsites (may be online or not ;-) )
ElkArte 1.1.x & TP on Apache2.4.48, PHP 8.1.2 FPM/FastCGI, MariaDB 10.5.12