TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 10:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 117
  • @rjen

Error when Installing .97 on SMF 1.1.2

Started by 65fastback2+2, February 20, 2007, 04:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

65fastback2+2

I get the following warnings from SMF...

Error during package installation
load.php fail
index.template.php fail
subs.php fail
security.php fail

Any ideas?

Sarge

Are you using the default SMF template?

If you're using a different template, switch to the default one in SMF before installing TP. After TP is installed successfully, you can change the template back to the one you were using... or even better, install and use a template created/converted for TP.

G6Cad

It could also generate those errors if you have other mods installed to your forum.
If the mods have changed the codestrings that TP is searching for, TP will not find them and give errors like that.
Uninstall the other mods you have and try again from the Default SMF core theme as Sarge said

65fastback2+2

everything is default....I have yet to mod the forum in any way. I always install the main stuff first (tp) before I mess with anything...thats why Im confused as to why it wont just install

G6Cad

Then it would be fine to just continue with the install even if you get the errors, and then use the premade files from the sticky post and upload the files in that zip.
Refresh the forum and you should have SMF with TP after doing that

65fastback2+2

so I installed tinyportal with smf....tinyportal overwrote the smf index.php file...so now I cant view my forums....the forums are at www.stangherd.com/forums and i want the tinyportal page to be just at www.stangherd.com...how do I fix this?

btw...i uninstalled tinyportal for the moment so that the forums are still accessible.

65fastback2+2

basically....I want my forums to be at /forums and the tp index.php to be at ./