TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 11:40:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,175
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 131
  • Total: 131

Added Menu

Started by lesmond, January 15, 2007, 01:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

Quote from: RoarinRow on March 08, 2007, 11:34:31 PM
Quote from: Brianjw on March 08, 2007, 11:33:15 PM
Ok, now that i've deactivated all but one block i have put the articles on. Now my website looks like the screenshot attached and how do you put them in the order you like? ???

Brianjw

i responded to order of articles in my last post   :o   I think I read somewhere here that you can go into mysql and manipulate table so you can put in order you want.
How is this done?

RoarinRow

Quote from: Brianjw on March 08, 2007, 11:46:56 PM
Ok, now that i've deactivated all but one block i have put the articles on. Now my website looks like the screenshot attached and how do you put them in the order you like? ???

Brianjw

i responded to order of articles in my last post   :o   I think I read somewhere here that you can go into mysql and manipulate table so you can put in order you want.
How is this done?

Not sure exactly, but check this out - http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=13149.0

Or again, just delete the articles you just made and startover.  The one you want at the bottom of the page first leading up to one you want at top as Featured article. 

I noticed you had the Arcade Games in an article too.  I left that in a block, but only made it visible in a certain arcade board.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

brianjw

Quote from: RoarinRow on March 08, 2007, 11:55:09 PM

Brianjw

i responded to order of articles in my last postÃ,  Ã, :oÃ,  Ã, I think I read somewhere here that you can go into mysql and manipulate table so you can put in order you want.
How is this done?

Not sure exactly, but check this out - http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=13149.0

Or again, just delete the articles you just made and startover.Ã,  The one you want at the bottom of the page first leading up to one you want at top as Featured article.Ã, 

I noticed you had the Arcade Games in an article too.Ã,  I left that in a block, but only made it visible in a certain arcade board.
That topic is talking about category articles, i guess i will start a new topic on that so someone can support me on this in TP Support and Development, instead of Block Code Snippets. :)

I decided i am going to keep the games in the article because i could have another one and put that in the board as well but i also like it being displayed on the homepage :D

Brianjw

EDIT
If anyone reads this, like Bloc or someone who can make a difference to TP... Know that an idea for a future tinyportal version would to be display number order boxes exactly like blocks except for articles. Some people like myself now use more than one article on there homepage and this would be useful :)

I am also going to start over like you said RoarinRow ;)

RoarinRow

Quote from: Brianjw on March 09, 2007, 12:18:29 AM
Quote from: RoarinRow on March 08, 2007, 11:55:09 PM

Brianjw

How is this done?

Or again, just delete the articles you just made and startover.  The one you want at the bottom of the page first leading up to one you want at top as Featured article. 

I noticed you had the Arcade Games in an article too.  I left that in a block, but only made it visible in a certain arcade board.
That topic is talking about category articles, i guess i will start a new topic on that so someone can support me on this in TP Support and Development, instead of Block Code Snippets. :)

I decided i am going to keep the games in the article because i could have another one and put that in the board as well but i also like it being displayed on the homepage :D

Brianjw

ok.  sorry i couldn't help with the sorting.  i just lucky when i started mine and they ended up in the order i wanted them in.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

brianjw

yeah im going to go ahead and add that suggestion... ^^edited post^^

RoarinRow

Quote from: Brianjw on March 09, 2007, 12:22:07 AM

thanks!  that would be cool cause at some point i may need to change the order.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

brianjw

Quote from: RoarinRow on March 09, 2007, 12:54:09 AM
Quote from: Brianjw on March 09, 2007, 12:22:07 AM

thanks!  that would be cool cause at some point i may need to change the order.
I posted it on the bugtracker as a feature suggestion ;)