TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 12:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,176
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 177
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Enhanced downloads...

Started by nehcregit, June 13, 2006, 06:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nehcregit

Sorry if this will be a re-post...

Will the next version of TP allow to put some extra information to the downloads offered? Maybe this example helps a bit: http://www.smfportal.de/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item6

I used HTML-Code to describe the needed SMF version for this theme, made a horizontale rule, formatted the text... All in the little description text box. WIll the next version give the possibility to put some extra fields for informations to the uploaded files?

G6Cad

Yes, that will be in the next release, there will be a lot more things to play with in the next downloadsection :) Both file and image uploads and other great things :)

I have tested the new download section for some time now, and i love it :)
Feel free to look at my site and see how i have set it up there :)

nehcregit

Quote from: G6 on June 13, 2006, 07:25:47 PM
Feel free to look at my site and see how i have set it up there :)

Better not  ;)

bloc

More fields for versions, author etc. are not planned..thats specialized use, not all will need those exactly. Custom fields on the other hand, for each category is perhaps something to consider, but not for 0.9 release.

Screenshot upload, adding already uploaded files, auto-update filesize is in though.

nehcregit

Thank you for the information, Bloc. Maybe I will aks for this special features then here, when the new version is public. Till then I'll wait and use the HTML-Codes.  ;)

URPG

I already know there will be a function to sort the downloads (very useful and looking forward to it) but there is one more thing missing: In Admin Section, I'd like to know not just how many users DL something, but who downloaded what...

bloc

Keeping tabs on who downloaded things are not currently planned.

agridoc

A per day download limit seems a reasonable request, otherwise I see no reason why an administrator would like to know who dowloaded what.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

URPG

I offer the beta version of my Game for download on my Site. I do not need to limit it in any way. I got regular developers / regular testers and other users that register and are never again heard of. For one thing I'd like to know if those "register and never come back" users do actualy download the beta and on the other end of the spectrum I'd like to know who of the developers already has taken a look, so i don't need to annoy them asking all the time.

Is there a way I can implement this for myself without messing too much with the TP internals? I'm a php n00b, but it should be done by adding another piece of table and one line of code to save who downloaded and another line of code to output it in the statistics window?  :-\