TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:47:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128

No Shoutbox in TP1.0.5beta??

Started by 2inchpvc, April 08, 2008, 11:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2inchpvc

I went to the TP admin and then to the Panels and Blocks, chose to create a shoutbox, and when it goes to the block edit there isn't any shout box nor is there shoutbox on the dropdown to choose from uner box type!

TP1.0.5 SMF 1.1.4

Ken.

2inchpvc, as Bloc mentioned in his release of Beta 1 there have been lots of changes across a wide range of the TP features. That means that you need to spend some time exploring the new controls for TP to see what is there and how to use those new controls.  ;)

For the ShoutBox you would look in the TinyPortal>Modules section of your control panel.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

2inchpvc

Quote from: Ken. on April 08, 2008, 11:59:08 AM
That means that you need to spend some time exploring the new controls for TP to see what is there and how to use those new controls. 

How about some instructions?

stormlrd

I put some instructions and tips in the advanced shoutbox module, once install you should be able to understand them

IchBin

If you read the release email and/or topic that was sent to you, you will see there is a brief explanation on what is new, and how to find some of the new things.

G6Cad

Look for TP Modules block and then Shoutbox is right there

gmvasco

Hi
I installed TP 1.05 (first TP install ever).
Then I went to the modules and tried to install Simple Shoutbox. It all went well, except that I couldn't see it anywere.

There was no "shoutbox" type in the Panels and Blocks admin page.

Then I tried AdvShoutbox. Same result, except that It actually tells me what the error is:
"You have not created any AdvShoutbox Blocks yet!"

I would like to create some AdvShoutbox Blocks, but I don't know how. I have all the usual option "username, newsbox, etc", but no shoutbox.

What should I do?

Thank you for any help.

raid

Go to "modules" section and to the tab "uploaded modules". Install the shoutbox module, either one of them or both
Go back to the blocks and create a new one. Choose the type as "TP module"..the last of the list there. Save and then edit again, this time a list of installed modules should appear for you to choose.
Choose the shout module you like and save

Check that the block render the shoutbox
SMF 2.0 + TP RC2

gmvasco

raid,
Thank you so much! It worked like a charm!

Great support!

Phil Serna

Quote from: raid on May 11, 2008, 09:24:13 PM
Go to "modules" section and to the tab "uploaded modules". Install the shoutbox module, either one of them or both
Go back to the blocks and create a new one. Choose the type as "TP module"..the last of the list there. Save and then edit again, this time a list of installed modules should appear for you to choose.
Choose the shout module you like and save

Check that the block render the shoutbox

thanks

Xarcell

It might not install due to a bug. If you get the error, you'll just have to wait until the next release.