TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:50:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 102
  • Total: 102

pop up streaming radio

Started by rbh, January 04, 2006, 05:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh

powerpyx, i use firefox 1.5 and havent experienced problems of it not playing all sorts of streams. my wife who i havent convinced to switch to linux yet, has xp and i use her machine for testing alot of my trial and errors while building my site. her machine has played every one of the links thus far too, and i have tested with all the different streams i have found so far. i can't think of a reason the streams aren't working on your machines,  the only thing i could think is bad radio streams maybe? ???

other then the streams not working, does everything else work? do the links show on your site and a little popup box show when the links are clicked? does it show that it is trying to connect to the server? i know a few links i found took forever to connect while some connected quickly, so i just sorted out dead and slow loading links and saved all the quick loading ones to use.

yahman, i too have been working on getting mp3's to work, sorta like a jukebox block. lookin forward to what people come up with.

PowerPyx

FF told me to have a plugin installed for asx streams, sry don't know where to find a ms plugin for FF. when i put a well checked pls link in the html file, ff just pop ups the little window but nothin else happens.

hm, then i think it's a fault of my ff settings ?

btw.. i checked my install also with IE, there as aspected no probs at all with asx streams.

Edit : you can have a look here : www.walschburger.com/rad_forum/index.php , on the left side under search is the radio block ;)

IchBin

What is up with all you people hiding your radio blocks? Can't see that one either PowerPyx.

PowerPyx

uups.... sry... here in germany we have something which is called gema (an institution which is comparable to the RIAA i think).. so they can go sometimes very crazy when you have setup a radio, even it's just a radiostation stream from third party...

ok turn it on for guests for the next 24 hours.

crip

Here's mine, but it wont PopUp for ya unless you go to the forum. :)  Classic Rock

YahMan

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on January 06, 2006, 02:58:06 PM
What is up with all you people hiding your radio blocks? Can't see that one either PowerPyx.

I'm not hiding anything! :tickedoff:

~YM ;)

extacy

hawkeye

This was a great snippet. I really like the way mine turned out. Check it out at www.p3challenge.com

rbh

ok, i have gotten a drop down menu to work and it should work with ie and firefox. i dont have a forum that isnt 1.1rc2 so i have no tiny portal to test with. :P let me know how it looks and works for you guys. with this code it creates a drop down menu with links pointing to the html files created with the original post i made. crip has a nice script but firefox users couldnt get it to work, so hopefully this will work for them.

in a script box add:
<script>
<!--

var windowDoPop

function go(whichURL) {
    windowDoPop=window.open(whichURL[whichURL.selectedIndex].value,'doPop','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=200,height=75');
    windowDoPop.focus();
}
//-->
</script>
Streaming Radio
<FORM>
<SELECT NAME="SelectURL" size="1">
<option value="http://thestegmanfamily.com/music_stations/country.html">Country</option>
</SELECT>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="go" onClick="go(this.form.SelectURL.options)">
</FORM>

where you see "streaming Radio", this is where you will name it on the site. this line, <option value="http://thestegmanfamily.com/music_stations/country.html">Country</option> is what you will add the links pointing to your html files. recreate this line for each html file you have. you can create a folder on your server called radiostations or whatever and place those html files there, then just add the url.

now, within the html files you had created you can add the station id to it. below is an example html file and you can see where i added the station id. when the little popup shows, it has the station name below the player.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>
<EMBED SRC="http://ccri.eonstreams.com/ccri_mo_stlouis_ksd_fm.asf"  HEIGHT="42" WIDTH="100%" AUTOSTART="TRUE">
93.7 The Bull
</HEAD>
<BODY>

elliel

where do you find the radio stations that give you the code?

I wondered if there were more to select from?