TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 08:46:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 255
  • Total: 255

IE IFrame Angriness -- Thoughts?

Started by seelie, December 13, 2006, 04:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seelie

So!  I'm using the Flashchat Users block found in the Block Code Snippets sticky at the top of this forum.  This block basically calls the chat info php file into the block via an iframe.

Now, something I noticed was when using IE, the block shows up with a white box inside it. If you right click inside the box, then left click on "refresh", the contents of the box properly show.  Neither Mozilla nor Firefox exhibit the behaviour. 

Now, having recently been struck by, researched, and implemented a fix on my site for the IE Peekaboo bug, I'm wondering if this behaviour of IE and iframes (or somehting similar) is normal?

Or, perhaps, the box is rendering faster than the called upon php file can shoot it info?  Or something ...  :uglystupid2:

Am confused, and would like to fix the problem .... Any thoughts?

G6Cad

Can you please post the questions regarding the blocks in the block code and snippets board, This forum is for TP related issues or question. The block code and snippets are "their own" code and usage

seelie

I thought I did. 

Forum Ã,» Tiny Portal Ã,» TP Support and development Ã,» Block code snippets Ã,» IE IFrame Angriness -- Thoughts?

*goes off to look for the other applicable forum*

G6Cad

:uglystupid2:  Sorry. i think my head dissapared some where in the process here  :2funny:

seelie

Heh ... only after consuming multiple cups of coffee can I ever consider I even have a head ;)

G6Cad

About the same here, i think i live one coffe where im at right now  :o, the eyes on this smiley are pretty close to how i look right now  :D