TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 02:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 120
  • Total: 120

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

ApplianceJunk.com

Started by ApplianceJunk, October 14, 2007, 03:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApplianceJunk

Site Name: ApplianceJunk
Site URL: http://ApplianceJunk.com
Forum URL: http://appliancejunk.com/forums
Site Owner: AJ
Site Designer: AJ
Theme Designer: Theme by HarzeM - Dilber MC
Site Genre: DIY Appliance Repair

Dislikes: Number of Topics we have seem low of the number of members.

Site went live about 3 1/2 months ago.

All feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,
AJ

Zetan

Nice site, informative content.. it will do well.

Dislikes.. the home page.. why is the home page set to Default theme and the rest of the site uses Dilber MC?
Navigation. I found the navigation block after a little while.
Use of words like "Tranny" and "Ohm".. I know what they mean, I'm an electrician by trade. I think an explanation of what an Ohm is, and why it's important would be useful. Yes, the person you are dealing with may also know.. but the next reader might not.

I would personally use proper terms at all times as an admin.. "Transformer" and "Resistance".. Resistance: ohm-meter reading in Ohms.
Very few people know what a Multimeter is, even fewer know what an ohm-meter is and that Multimeters have them built in.

Other than that, I can see you know your "stuff" and have been in the maintenance trade for a number of years.

I think the site will do well, and you will get many visitors and few regular members, that should change and I would think you will get more regular members over time. For the time your site has been online, I think it's doing well. Better overall navigation would help.. but once I found the menu, it wasn't really a problem.

:up:

ApplianceJunk

QuoteDislikes.. the home page.. why is the home page set to Default theme and the rest of the site uses Dilber MC?

Yes, I do need to change the home page. I switched over to the Dilber MC theme when we started using TP and never changed the home page.

QuoteNavigation. I found the navigation block after a little while.

I wonder what I could do different with the navigation block so it gets noticed quicker?

QuoteI would personally use proper terms at all times as an admin.. "Transformer" and "Resistance".. Resistance: ohm-meter reading in Ohms.

I should and this is something I will have to remember to do.

Thanks for taking the time to replay with such great feedback. This is just the kind of feedback I was looking for. Something I could use to build on.

Thank you,
AJ

Zetan

The new menu is a vast improvement  :) I also think the choice of theme works well for the subject matter of your site.
How about adding a Home Page button?

ApplianceJunk

Home button has been added.
I just kept the home button off until we had a chance to change the home page. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Anyone else have some thoughts about our site?

AJ

ApplianceJunk

Lots and lots of changes over the last three months.

Would love to hear some more feedback now.

Thanks,

ApplianceJunk

ApplianceJunk

IchBin

Looks like you don't have any frontpage. Not that it's necessary, but your first post indicates you do. :) Navigation feels a little awkward. I don't see any menu's, but I suppose that doesn't matter if you're only using the forum and you aren't linking to anything else like articles etc. I think you need something to jazz it up. A nice logo perhaps. You could probably use more color on your site too. Just my $.02.

Skhilled

AJ used to have a front page cause I remember helping him with it. I don't know where it went though. LOL

AJ, the decal on the Pacifica looks nice! :)