TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 07:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,188
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 183
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 85
  • Total: 85

.MP3 audio uploading and preview

Started by joostmee, January 05, 2009, 07:51:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joostmee

Hello!

I have been directed here from Simple Machines forum.

What i am trying to do is allow users to upload audio to a post, and then other users choose to preview the .mp3 or download it.

Is this possible???

I am using smf v. 1.1.7

G6Cad

Duuno why they sent you to us as we dont have any way near these functions, and upload to a post ?  thats not even our department, but actually SMF as the forum and posts are their work.

What you can try though is the mediagallery that dragooon and his frinds are working on, i think that would work, but still not in side a post.

Jokey

Quote from: G6 on January 05, 2009, 08:50:15 AM
Duuno why they sent you to us as we dont have any way near these functions, and upload to a post ?  thats not even our department, but actually SMF as the forum and posts are their work.

What you can try though is the mediagallery that dragooon and his frinds are working on, i think that would work, but still not in side a post.

Actually G6 is correct in the Media Gallery, and you can, after uploading them to your folder, include them in a post using the special code the gallery provides.

;D

joostmee

Thanks for your replies! I'm trying to make a very basic recording website where users can work together regardless of location. I'll have a look at media gallery...

Oh, and P V C Blue, I went to your site from featured sites! Funny coincidence...              :laugh:

joostmee

Could anyone point me to a forum that is already using media gallery? :)

G6Cad

In our board called block code and snippets you have links to the media gallery site, also on SMF forums and their modification link, you find what you need

Jokey

Quote from: joostmee on January 05, 2009, 10:42:04 AM

LOL!! Well my site is using the Media Gallery. The Misc Member folder has sound files uploaded in it. :laugh:

What's the "Featured Sites"??

Lafemme

Quote from: joostmee on January 05, 2009, 10:42:04 AM

well.... On the SMF site.. there is a demo link on the mod page... There you will see what it can do :D