TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 12:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,179
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 64
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81

Unable to load the 'tp_above' template

Started by davo88, January 22, 2024, 06:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@rjen

Okay, I found why the smileys are not showing...

When I activated the user selectable smiley sets I saw in my profile that the DEFAULT smiley path is

http://blablabla/220-Test/Smileys/phpbb/

Where your smiley set is the /default/..

after I changed my profile the display now works and also shows the smileys in the post form..

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

davo88

@rjen, would you be able to remove the URL in above post please? I would prefer that not be available publicly. Thanks.

lurkalot

Yes the you need to bring those essential directories to the test sites as the database will be calling for them. 

I would also run Repair settings again to make sure everything is in order. At least you seem to be making progress.  ;)

@rjen

Quote from: davo88 on January 22, 2024, 07:35:24 PM@rjen, would you be able to remove the URL in above post please? I would prefer that not be available publicly. Thanks.

done.

I think you need to check the smiley sets in your 2.1 forum: I do see some references to a phpbb set that actually does not exist...

davo88

Quote from: @rjenI do see some references to a phpbb set that actually does not exist...
They were there in the Smileys directory, I just had to import them in the SMF admin panel. ... et voila! everything appears normal in the TP layout.
Amazing... they are a troublesome bunch those smileys. :o

@rjen

I could not even reproduce the issue in my test site, even after knowing what the issue is... nothing I can do in TP...

davo88

Any theories on why TP would look normal for a regular user, but not for an admin under these 'not smiley' conditions?

tino

Quote from: davo88 on January 22, 2024, 07:57:20 PMAny theories on why TP would look normal for a regular user, but not for an admin under these 'not smiley' conditions?

You can't post in the shoutbox unless you have permissions to, so assume that was disabled for the non admin user.

@rjen

Exactly:  the little element that shows the smileys is only showing for users that have permission to shout. Due to the inconsistency in the settings this element was not constructed correctly when logged in..

davo88

QuoteI could not even reproduce the issue in my test site, even after knowing what the issue is... nothing I can do in TP...

I have had trouble, even back in 2.0.19 with smileys under these conditions where I am using a custom set of smileys. I have found that even when I copy all the smileys from the phpBB directory into the default directory, then make the default directory the default set of smileys, check them in the Edit Smileys and Set Smiley Order windows, they do not show up in the posting window unless the old phpBB directory is imported and sitting there along side the default directory. Even though it is not set as default, it has to be there for the smileys to appear in the posting window.