TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56

[Discussion] Recent TOPICS scrolling with hover over previews.

Started by prometheus fire, January 03, 2010, 02:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prometheus fire

Looking to create another small feature for this block. I just created a new board on my forum that I don't want feed into this display. 

In this instance it is board number 16 (this value with vary between users); I've been scanning the code trying to figure how and where to put the board value - so far I've only managed to break it. Any ideas?

Freddy

So you want to block boards on a per member group basis ?

Eg

if they are in member group 1 then block board x

if they are in member group 3 then block board y

etc etc

What version of SMF are you on now ?

Also, are the member groups you want to use specific member groups or post count member groups ?  Or even both ?

insanemustang

I'm interested in getting this block, but instead of scrolling vertically, I'd like to see it scroll horizontal.

Any chance of that?

Freddy

You will need to edit the marque effect in the code.

Here's a page explaining what you can do with marquees.  Pretty simple stuff as HTML goes.

http://www.quackit.com/html/codes/html_marquee_code.cfm

Let us know if you need a hand.

insanemustang

Thank you Freddy, going to give this a look tomorrow (if it snows me in from work  :2funny:)

insanemustang

Um, yea... so I gave it a look, and I have no idea where to start or end.  Assistance would be great.

ZarPrime

insanemustang,

This is Freddy's code but I'm guessing that, if you want to change the marquee behavior, you'll need to edit the code here ...

// Output the topics

echo '
<marquee  behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="150px" scrolldelay="1" scrollamount=" 1" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">';

I'm guessing that Probably changing the direction from "up" to "left" or "right" wil change the direction from vertical to horizontal.

ZarPrime

agent47

If you look at my site you'll see that at one point the width of a topic name seems to get thicker due to the date. So what I was thinking was to remove icons to make room for the AM/PM in the "Date and Time" array. I seem to be a noob at this as everytime i remove some line related to the icons I seem to break something. Was wondering if someone will be generous enough to remove the icon array or rather point out the lines that I have to remove.

Basically I just need to know the lines that need to be removed in order to remove the icon array to make room so that the AM/PM don't fall onto the next line

ZarPrime

agent47,

Please understand that none of us here on the TinyPortal Team are  a member of the Internet Police, if there is such a thing.  However, that being said, our rules here are pretty specific on when we will provide to someone who is breaking the rules, as we see them.  You are probably wondering what I am talking about.  Let me explain.  You are using a theme from dzinerstudio on your site and the theme author's copyright has been removed from your site in violation of their Terms of Use.  Specifically, on the page http://www.dzinerstudio.com/index.php?action=terms, it states that "It's not permitted to remove our copyright information from the footer. You are however allowed to add your own name onto our copyright (i.e. "Design by DzinerStudio / Modified by your name")."

Secondlly,  I looked at your site as a Guest and I can't see the block you are posting about in this topic.  Please enable the block so that Guests can view it so that we can see the issue you are posting about or at least post a screenshot showing the behavior.  But please, fix the issue discussed in my paragraph above first so that we can at least feel good about trying to help you.

ZarPrime

insanemustang

Quote from: ZarPrime on January 28, 2011, 01:22:30 AM
insanemustang,

This is Freddy's code but I'm guessing that, if you want to change the marquee behavior, you'll need to edit the code here ...

// Output the topics

echo '
<marquee  behavior="scroll" direction="up" height="150px" scrolldelay="1" scrollamount=" 1" onmouseover="this.stop()" onmouseout="this.start()">';

I'm guessing that Probably changing the direction from "up" to "left" or "right" wil change the direction from vertical to horizontal.

ZarPrime

I isntalled the NiceToolTips mod and then I put the original code into a PHP block to be sure I could get it to scroll at all.  It won't scroll up.  Until I can figure out why not, I can't worry about changing the direction.