TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 111
  • @rjen

Member group permissions - Please help.

Started by ash, March 30, 2006, 05:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ash

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me understand the permissions problems I am finding after I have installed TP on three of my community forums.

Issue:

After install, the permissions that were previously listed (i.e., GM, Mod, and other custom ones) cannot view some of the blocks.  For instance, a GM would not be able to view the left and right blocks on TP, but the center block is viewable. 

Seems that only Administrators, Ungrouped Members and Guests can view all the blocks but any other member group cannot unless I remove them from their member group and place them in one of the three I listed.

Aside from that, everything else is great.  I love the new options; I love the HTML, PHP and other options that are now available through the blocks.  My members are also complimenting the designer, hats off to your team for creating this software.  I have been using Bloc’s themes for sometime now, nad have had nothing but compliments on the aesthetic feel to the site.

So, GJ!

Any help on my permissions problem would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the sites I currently have TP running on:

http://thegamedomain.org/tgdmain/index.php
http://midwestservers.org/mcsl_dedicated/index.php

Thanks,
[TGD]Ash
www.thegamedomain.org

TwinsX2Dad

Admin section

Members heading

Permissions

Notice each member group and the numbers of permissions allowed or denied. Modify to suit.

When you get into the permissions, be careful - A means Allow, D means Deny. But there is a lot of confusion regarding the X. Selecting the X means deny, but that denial can be overridden elsewhere. So when you get down to the Forum or Member administration sections, leaving those checked as X is fine.

The SMF permissions defaults are what caused your problem.

IchBin

Not being able to view the blocks is part of the TP permissions. Edit each block individually and you'll see that you can check which groups are able to view the blocks.

TwinsX2Dad

My apologies - I missed the BLOCK part.

I was assuming it was a forum/board viewing issue. See what I get when I don't read something fully?  :uglystupid2:

Yes - Manage blocks, edit, then at the bottom, select who you want to view what.

IchBin

I knew you misread that because we all know it ain't your first BBQ. :)

ash

I hope I haven;t been that noobish.  Lemme check it out again.

If its that, OMG sorry to have bothered you.

TwinsX2Dad

Never a bother - it isn't like message boards are all that intuitive.   ;)

ash

this was totally the issue.  Just thought Id post back to bring closure on this one.

my problem = Im a noob.

thanks guys!!!!

-Sean