TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:19:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49

Make Firefox Faster!

Started by akulion, October 24, 2006, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

I have had FF2 beta 1 for about 6 month now I love it :) just got the new one now though

rbh

well, it has a smoother feel and look about it but fairly similar to 1.5. i think it has some better controls and settings for handling rss feeds, or i never noticed these settings before. i also notice it spell checks me no matter where i am posting! :o several forums when i looked up at my post box after typing had several words with red lines under them. thats kinda cool. :up:

i will add if you highlight the underlined word and right click it offers choices to correct or if it is a real word you can add it to the dictionary and it learns your typing so it won't underline that word again. not all forums have spell check and smf doesn't check on the fly as firefox does

RoarinRow

So far I like it and it's definitely faster than IE   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

akulion

the spell check is AWESOME!!!!

I love it! :D

Great release!

RoarinRow

It's kinda interesting that the new FF display the TP home page with black lettering and and IE displays it in orange   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

G6Cad

Doesent do that for me with the new 2.0

But I did get some other annoying thing, every page i visited jumped up and down like it was an earth quake on my desktop.
Posted about it on the firefox homepage forum, and they gave help about it directly :)

akulion

IE dosent even support PNG transparencies....Down with IE

Crip

I have a problem posting now, I always use the shortcut keys for everything..now when I hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview it does nothing.. is there a setting/fix/tool that I'm missing for this??  :-\
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Crip

Alt+s bring up the History tool link in FF2, Alt+p does nuttin...
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Lesmond

Quote from: G6 on October 25, 2006, 04:03:04 PM
Doesent do that for me with the new 2.0

But I did get some other annoying thing, every page i visited jumped up and down like it was an earth quake on my desktop.
Posted about it on the firefox homepage forum, and they gave help about it directly :)
Can you share what they said with us G6 Please :)