TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 12:53:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 116
  • Total: 116

"Updated post" notification

Started by Maya, October 07, 2006, 12:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maya

Not sure if this is the place for this  ...maybe a code snippet could just be made...

want to run it by you anyhow and see what your thoughts and interests are...

Sometimes when there is a post made, the poster goes in and instead of 'editing' it, it is updated...

If a post is just edited, u will get the little memo on the bottom...
If a post was updated re: graphics, code, mods, etc, it still doesnt show up except the little memo on the bottom..

I am thinking an extra string, and option in the 'additional options' area to let people know that an update has been made so come check the thread again

Instead of no notice and the update getting lost in the shuffle, ( might even save redundant posts, questions, etc) the thread will show and 'updated' post icon instead of 'new' posts icon...

I don't think this is something thats out there yet...but I think it would be really popular

your thoughts???

whoesa

Great idea, i like it!

Could really be helpfull on big forums...

akulion

yea good idea - but i think there would need to be a time offset included so that if i wrote a post for example, and then noticed a few spelling errors in it and had to update, then it would be a lil awkward to keep having that post show up in the update notifications - especially for me who keeps having to fix typos and grammer errors :2funny:

Maya

Quotegrammer
er, don't u mean 'grammar'  lol

i just mean as an option  like these ...
QuoteNotify me of replies.  Lock this topic.
Return to this topic.  Sticky this topic.
Don't use smileys.  Move this topic.
add one that says updated post ( default setting would be off, like sticky this topic is and it would just show up as an edit)

akulion

oh yes thats good

also i saw n a vB forum yesterday a really cool option which was:
- when u turned notification on for a post it would say (after posting the message):

"Thank you - your post notification has been added, however to prevent your inbox being filled with messages each time someone replies, you will only recieve notification for the 1st post made - until you read the post again"

and that was so cool cos after i made my post about 4 people replied to it and i only got 1 email to tell me about it :D

Maya

uh.. smf does that now
QuoteMore replies may be posted, but you won't receive any more notifications until you read the topic.
its very cool that way... definitely easy on the inbox  ;)

akulion

Maya

??? u serious... I have never had to set it...I thought it was a default function

its in your profile>notifications and email..

QuoteReceive reply notification only for the first unread reply.

check > save and your good to go :up:

akulion

really?

i keep getting 100's of emails from bloc zone everyday lol
ive had to create a filter to divert them to a BZ folder now

ill set it at once

Maya

look at your post count aku..  :o

no wonder u get so many.. :2funny: ur a busy guy...hehe ;)