TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:54:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 126
  • Total: 126

Tiny Potral install error on SMF 1.0.7

Started by bigb, April 01, 2006, 09:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muttly

replaced the Subs_Package.php in the sources dir with a fresh copy. Still the same  :'(

Maybe my only choice is a manual install? do i just
'php 1139149106manual_tp_install.php' at root after uploading the files?

muttly

Ok, i went for the manual install and I guessed that I should upload th TP files and ADD them to each SM directory?
I then run the database file and got no errors but where is the attached file that outlines what else has to be done? I've looked for a simple step by step guide all through the forum but cant find one.

many thanks for your help!

phocas

any thoughts on when that might happen?

Quote from: beemer on April 02, 2006, 12:26:09 AM
I guess Bloc has not added  1.07 to the install yet

G6Cad

He havent had the time to fix it just yet.

But i just made the manual install, and it worked out fine exept for the index.template.php file.

But if you try the manual install i will add the index.template file here for you to grab, or you can get it from the chit chat section where i have a post asking for a working one, there is one attached to that post from beemer.

WebMasterZ

Muttly,

Did you copy and paste my changes from above ?
There was a typo that only seems to affect some versions of mysql/php (temp thing)

Try it again it should work for you now.

Apologies  :uglystupid2:

muttly

Quote from: beemer on April 03, 2006, 10:02:10 AM
Muttly,

Did you copy and paste my changes from above ?
There was a typo that only seems to affect some versions of mysql/php (temp thing)

Try it again it should work for you now.

Apologies  :uglystupid2:

I did beemer, and it did get the package manager to accept the file and upload it. Unfortunately I had the error show above. I'm just missing the file that outlines what else has to be done?
It's not that I have a corrupted SM because i installed a fresh copy and got all the same errors.

WebMasterZ

Muttly

If you want to pm me some details I can take a look for you

muttly

Thanks for your help beemer but i've now got it working - looks great! sent a paypal donation tonight - many thanks all!

phocas

i just don't get it

Quote2: copy(/home/phocasn/public_html/forum/Themes/default/images/divider.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/phocasn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 961

mayb an idiot, but i seem to be missing some parts of this conversation and i am not finding the info i need in any other area of the forum...

specifically... the sub-package thing...  where do i get this "new subs-package.php"?  manual install?  i must be blind, cuz i'm not findin any on that either.  if this stuff on this site, please... link me to it.

almost seems it would be easier to dump the new smf revision and go back to living a peaceful life... :/

G6Cad

Quote2: copy(/home/phocasn/public_html/forum/Themes/default/images/divider.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/phocasn/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 961

It seems like you dont have the right permissions set to the image folder, try to set the file to atleast 755 and see if it helps. Otherwise try the manual install i linked to.

manual install files

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item100

manual database install

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item101

Then read through this file. This file is a download textfile.
I suggest you read it through cause it contains the manual install guide for all versions of SMF, and you have to add files diffrent from the version of your SMF

http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=2481.0;attach=1830