TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 04:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 153
  • Total: 154
  • @rjen

Creating a Module?

Started by mrandall131, May 01, 2007, 03:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrandall131

Ok, I'm very new to this stuff, but, I have / am writing a script that will keep track of my teams stats for a particular game.  I think that, in order to show it the way I want to with tiny portal, I need to do it in module format.  Unfortunately, I really don't have a good handle on it.  Is there a faq or how to about creating modules on here that I can read through?

BTW, I also want to work on a ladder system for this as well, so that's next on my plate.  ;)

G6Cad

I think you have to ask over at SMF Arcade forum for this.
As they are the creators of the arcade, and also knows every little bit about how it works, they probably have a lot better answer then we are going to have here.

mrandall131

Nope, this is for Xbox360, so it has nothing to do with the Arcade.  This could be used, in the future, by other gaming sites, and would probably be a nice addition to the modules for tiny portal.  ;)

IchBin

So far there's no info on how-to's for modules. Bloc has a frontend in deveolpement for Modules so that it will be easier attach them to TP. Its all manual for now, until he's finished writing the module interface.

mrandall131

Thanks, guess it's trial and error from here on out.

Thurnok

You could just make a TP Block for the time being.  I'm sure it will suffice, they are pretty simple and yet powerful just the same.

mrandall131

Ok, so I add a custom page to the index.php and this is what I get. 

www.killingauthority.com/index.php?action=rb6

How do I get it inside the main page?