TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 22, 2024, 09:04:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 226
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76

[more] smilies dont insert code to user posts

Started by inner_space_70, September 16, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inner_space_70

I have SMF 1.1.10
TinyPortal 1.0b4
TechHead TP theme

Right after I upgraded TP from 0.9.8 to 1.0 I noticed this:

When I click a smiley on the actual post screen it inserts the :smiley: code like its supposed to.

When I click the [more] smileys, the popup appears with the images but they dont insert into the post.

I checked under the (edit smilies) and they are all there with the code and look ok.

Anyone heard of this? I posted this in SMF 1st but havent got anywhere in days and it was a post TP upgrade issue maby..

G6Cad

A bug thats been reported a long time ago. No fix for it eather at this time.

inner_space_70

Was this a bug with TP 1.0 beta or SMF?

Does everyone have this issue?

I will try to find a work around. Maby a version issue?

mc

It's most likely a TP issue, and I'm guessing something similar to the 'insert quote' bug in 1beta4...

I've not got the additional smilies activated to test on any of my forums though, but if I get a chance, I'll try it out on my test set-up tomorrow, and see if any errors can be found.

inner_space_70

Would anyone have an idea as far as a work around? Is there some kind of module that might replace its function?

ZarPrime

inner_space_70,

Just to clarify things, could you please post the items requested from the Posting Guidelines into your next post here.  Specifically, I need to know what version of TinyPortal you are using and a link to your site.  Also, I need a link to the extra smiley package you are using so that I can download it and test it out on my test site.

Thank You,
ZarPrime

inner_space_70

ZarPrime: I had posted everything I thought was needed in the 1st entry..
If you want Ill use this..
Link to my site: http://www.treasuretimeforums.com
SMF version: 1.1.10
TP version: 1.0b4
Theme name and version: Techead TP
Browser Name and Version: all browsers
Mods installed: ? I got like 10+. All minor. No smiley packs..
Related Error messages: No errors in the logs

G6 Did help with the bug report post. It is indeed posting to the code to the shoutbox.. Interesting. The bug report said something about removing the [more] smileys in beta4. I still have it..
I will pm you a login to the site if you wish to look. Its shut to the public.

G6Cad

It's no use in posting a link to a site when we alredy know it's a bug and it's not fixed ( as i posted in the shoutbox right after beta4 was released )
Bloc will have to revisit the bug and check it again.

ZarPrime

I was aware of those 2 bugs and, in fact, I looked at them again last night before I posted.  The OP didn't say you had TP 1.0 beta 4 as it says now, only that you had TP 1.0.  The bugs say that they were fixed for beta 4 and since I didn't know whether you were still using beta 3, this is where the confusion came from, especially since I have never tried to duplicate the bug.

If it is still a bug in beta 4 then yes, Bloc will have to look at it again.

Out of curiosity, what areas is your shoutbox set to show in?  If it is set to show in all actions, try adjusting it so that it shows in all actions except for "post" and see if that makes a difference.

ZarPrime