TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:56:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82

rss news feed for homepage

Started by platinumUWE, February 14, 2008, 04:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

platinumUWE

hi all i was wondering if some one could help exsplain to me how to implement a nice rss news feed/reader on my home page, what i need to do how do i add it to forum on home page and customise it to fit in with forum theme.

all i need is the instructions how to do it as i really want to do this on my own and are willing to try to implement it myself just need a few pointers.

regards.

platinum

IchBin

You cannot do anything with it in TP other than to put the link to the rss feed in your block. TP does not control what is put in the feed, or how links or images etc look. The rss feed determines all of this itself. If you want to customize it, you'll have to find a custom script that will do it for you via a google search or something.

platinumUWE

thxs but i got it working ty ichbin

reprahse : when i said i ,ment i asked at tiny portal hosting and the guys got it working sorry les not intentional as i did leave a ty on tiny portal hosting :)

Lesmond

platinumUWE

Lesmond

lol I was just joking with ya pal :)

platinumUWE

nope credit were due bro LES got it working  :knuppel2:

antechinus

So are you going to tell us how you did it or is that a secret?
Reason I'm asking is because I'd like to do the same thing.  ;)

Lesmond

add a front page block for rss, then activate, got to admin-TinyPortal-settings-Front page-What to show on front page:Only articles- then How frontblocks will be shown:Frontblocks are added last.

but have a play with the settings until you get to your liking

antechinus