TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:07:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 188
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 191
  • Total: 192
  • @rjen

Layout Problems

Started by Elen, February 05, 2006, 01:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elen

I've installed Tiny Portal and am using the Helios theme (yes, the one for TP) and have several problems I'm going round and round with.  The site is at http://crimson-dragoonz.com/crimson/index.php

1)  the box that used to be at the top left of the page with the user info in it has disappeared.

2) the log no longer displays.  I've tried just putting in the file name and also putting the full URL of the image but it doesn't show.

3) On the main page there is no frame around the main part of the page, only around the left sidebar.  I'm displaying this site in the same template and the main page looks gorgeous how do I make mine look the same?

Tiny Portal is a great feature but some basic documentation would be nice!

Many Thanks

Xarcell

Have you created, or altered in blocks? Especially layout? Sometimes, if you don't have your tables written properly, it will cause this. Try disabling all blocks except the userinfo box for the time being and see what happens.

Then come back and let us know what happened.

Elen

I've now deleted all the blocks except the user panel in the left side bar.  Originally the user info used to appear at the top of the page, now the only place I can get it tp appear is in the side bar.

This is a screenshot of my page :

This is a screenshot of what I see on the main page here, using the same theme :

Rasyr

In your first image, see the two little arrow images beside the menu buttons (home, forum, search, etc.)

You have 1 pointing down, the other pointing up. Click on the one that points down, and you should see the user info at the top again. The use info stuff is collapsable, and it looks like you have it collapsed, thus is doesn't show.

Elen

Doh!  Well, at least it was something simple and from now on I'll definitely remember what that button does!  Thanks :)

The only problem I'm still left with is the lack of a frame around the main section on the main page.  Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Elen

Please somebody!  Can anybody explain why my articles don't appear in a nice frame like they do on this site?  (see screen shots above)  I'm starting to get a dent in my head from banging it on my desk in frustration  :-X

crip

Your articels will appear as you have styled them, plain jane..or fancy up some the way you want. :)

Elen

It's not the articles themselves that are the problem.  There are 2 panels - a left and a centre - the left one has a frame round it, the centre one doesn't.  The content of the centre panel on the main page on this site has a metalic frame around it (like the left panel) and a large red bar across the top - the content of the centre panel on my site doesn't.  I would like it too.  I've fiddle around with every setting I can find.

crip

Helios Multi is a complex Theme that I really don't understand that much, help will be available shortly

IchBin

In the current theme settings in your admin panel, there is an option to set a border around that.