TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:35:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 225
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 228
  • Total: 229
  • @rjen

SMF 1.0.6 and 500 Internal Server Error

Started by RoarinRow, February 01, 2006, 12:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoarinRow

After the SMF 1.0.6 patch has anyone noticed this error on their TP .75 forum:

500 Internal Server Error
The server has encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I get it once or twice a day now since the patch.  I can duplicate the error since it happens randomly and not particular time of the day.

Here are my mods:

1. SMF Arcade 1.2.1                         [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. Gmail Field 1.1                              [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Integrated Chat 2.3                       [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
4. Ultimate Shoutbox 1.31                   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
5. OnLine Users Today 1.3                   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
6. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 1.0.4          [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
7. Board Notes 1.0.2                           [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
8. TinyPortal 0.75                               [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
9. Hide Post 1.0.4                               [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
10. Personal Message Auto Responder 0.2   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
11. SMF 1.0.6 Update 1.0                     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
12. Faster Parsecode 1.10                    [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

I have nothing in my error logs on the forum to give me any clue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

IchBin

Resolving 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

RoarinRow

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on February 01, 2006, 01:50:26 AM
Resolving 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of your Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

Thanks IchBin.  That's my next step thanks.  I just wanted to rule out the client side before going to them.   :)

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

borgBOB

I know the SMF 1.0.6 update affected the 'SSI.php' file, which was also modified by the '6. Googlebot & Spiders Mod 1.0.4' mod. Are you sure you had no failures when you upgraded?  I know I did not upgrade for this reason.

resurgence

wasn't there a same 500 error for those who upgraded to the mySQL 5+ patch without their server being compatible with it?

smf 106 comes with the patch inside.

RoarinRow

Now I'm getting this error and can not access my site at all.

Error 400 - Bad Request

Any help.   :(

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

RoarinRow

I'm back up.  I had to backup to a previous date to get to my Admin control panel.  Then I decided to go back to today's backup that I did during the error message.

Then I uninstalled the 1.0.6 patch.  >:(

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

scotte44

I have been getting a server error for certain users for a long time. It happened when someone would visit one of my SMF/TP sites and not include the www in the url. After seeing this thread today I contacted my host and this is the reply I got:
QuoteThere's a bug in your redirect causing mod_security to trigger:

[Tue Feb  7 13:15:13 2006] [error] [client 198.20.41.198] mod_security:
Access denied with code 500. Pattern match "!^[0-9a-z]*$" at CUSTOM.
[hostname "www.mbdguild.com"] [uri
"/index.php?PHPSESSID=3d605a50c64a27d4f78d009e3feb7b9a;www"]

The ;www part.

It should be this:

http://www.mbdguild.com/index.php?www

So, looks for something that's inserting sessid in the uri.

Any ideas where to look for this?

G6Cad

I think itÂÃ,´s in the settings.php file within your forum root folder

bloc

It should not really be adding ;www like that in the query. Seems it tries to insert www AFTER the session check, not before. This might be a SMF related bug.