TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 188
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 189
  • Total: 190
  • @rjen

Forum went offline!!

Started by JDMhustle, January 19, 2006, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMhustle

Since last night my forum went spontaniously went offline and giving me this error code.
I did'nt changed anything, no mods no nothing.
My site: http://forum.sirfanaticsholland.com/index.php
Please help :(

Notice: Undefined variable: maintenance in /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/index.php on line 60

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/index.php:60) in /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 211

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/index.php:60) in /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 212

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/index.php:60) in /home/teamvtec/domains/sirfanaticsholland.com/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Auth.php on line 213

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rasyr

Quote from: JDMhustle on January 19, 2006, 07:05:29 PM
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

I bolded the important part. Contact your host to see what is going on. Find out if they changed anything, or if their DB server is still running, did they upgrade their version mySQL recently, etc...

As I pointed out, the SMF code cannot connect to the database. That points to it being a server related problem and not a code related one.

IchBin

Check the file Settings.php to see if it is not empty or corrupted. If it is, take a look at your Settings_bak.php file. If it has all the pertinet information restore your Settings.php file with Settings_bak.php file.

Rasyr

JDMhustle

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on January 19, 2006, 07:29:54 PM
Check the file Settings.php to see if it is not empty or corrupted. If it is, take a look at your Settings_bak.php file. If it has all the pertinet information restore your Settings.php file with Settings_bak.php file.

Very good point indeed!! that did the trick, my Settings.php file was empty just like you said.
What caused this to happen in the first place? ???

crip

our resident wanna be code monkey has a high intelect ;)

G6Cad

JDMhustle:

Your site looks great in IE, but in FF it looks really bad with the sideblocks going into the centerblocks?
is it just my FF thats doing this, or have anyone else here the same in their FF

It does that both in Startpage and in the forum part.

Im starting to beleave that my FF isent feeling well or something..

IchBin

I just happen to remember seeing this problem serveral months ago on the SMF forums. I don't know why it happens.

And yes, g6cad I do see the same thing happen in my FF browser with his site. It might have something to do with the custom blocks. If you want to fix it, disable the custom blocks one by one and see if that helps you find the problem.