TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 02:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 214
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 207
  • Total: 207

[Reguest] Tag Cloud snippet

Started by soMzE, February 28, 2007, 06:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveW

Thankyou JPDeni, that centre code worked a treat :)

catchpen

Quote from: SteveW on January 27, 2008, 06:15:26 PM
Thankyou JPDeni, that centre code worked a treat :)
after doing that you can also change " if ($row_count > 5)"  to " if ($row_count > 10)" or more or less to fill in the sides of the center block.

kjb0007

I have read through this topic so if this has already been answered, forgive me if I missed where this was posted.

How can I get the tags to appear like they do in the Poster Cloud? (different sizes depending on how often a tag is used)?

Thanks

kjb0007

I already found it in the code and adjusted it. .Thanks

kjb0007

Found a glitch and I am not sure if it involves the code for the tag cloud or for the tag mod so I have posted it on the smf site for the mod creator to see, as well has here :)

its not linking the same tag words correctly in the cloud. If the same exact tag word is put on multiple topics, but not in the same order, it creates duplicate tags in the cloud - and also will not pull correctly when the tag is clicked on.

Example: (3 topics)

1st topics tags:   Jokes
2nd topics tags: Comedy, Jokes
3rd Topics tags: Comedy, Jokes

(the "jokes" tag is in the 1st spot on topic 1 and in the 2nd spot on topics 2,3)

There will be 2 seperate tags in the cloud for "jokes". When each tag is clicked on, 1 brings up only 1 topic, the other brings up the other 2 topics. When I changed the order of the tags so that the tag "jokes" was in the 1st spot on all of them, it removed the 2nd tag in the cloud and then when the tag "jokes" was clicked on, all 3 topics then appeared on the list like they are supposed to.

Any ideas as to how this can be fixed? Thanks :)

3nd3r

I don't know if I would help you, but are you writing the tags separate with commas and no spaces?

I mean,
You wrote:
2nd topics tags: Comedy, Jokes
3rd Topics tags: Comedy, Jokes

And the right way, as far as I know, must be:
2nd topics tags: Comedy,Jokes <-- no spaces between, only commas
3rd Topics tags: Comedy,Jokes <-- no spaces between, only commas

Could be these spaces your problem?

kjb0007

You know, I actually wondered about the whole space thing when I first installed the mod (having not using the cloud yet), and since it doesnt specify "no spaces", I assumed that it was set up just like the box you have when entering multiple names when sending pm's (it doesnt specify either however, spaces are used inbetween those).

I will test your theory and let you know. Thanks for the response :)

panesarv

Great Block bro...Works perfectly...Good for SEO of site as well....Thank you very much...