TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 05:56:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,174
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 167
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 119
  • Total: 119

Bulleted lists in articles?

Started by sremick, February 24, 2019, 05:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 24, 2019, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: tino on February 24, 2019, 10:32:30 AM
SMF should really only target the element they want rather than the blanket one... we are limited in what we can do.

Illori raised this issue 3 years ago and it was shot down...

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/3255

I'm afraid , once a certain person digs their heels in you've got very little chance of changing something.

Does seem a bit bad that it's such a global element. There's a few in there which I found while playing with themes. like,

.hidden {
display: none;
}

Which completely upsets the board stats and throws them out of line when you have no posts in those boards, or a redirect board.

tino

Quote from: lurkalot on February 24, 2019, 11:52:37 AM

I'm afraid , once a certain person digs their heels in you've got very little chance of changing something.

That applies to pretty much every contributer on the SMF team  ::)

Not that I can be any better when I want to develop something, I tend to do it my way... its a inherent character flaw in most developers.

illori

SMF should really only target the element they want rather than the blanket one... we are limited in what we can do.

has been reopened for further discussion.
please add your thoughts.

sremick

FYI... changing the article type to BBC (from HTML) provided some whitespace spacing between the list items, but the bullet circles are still missing.

lurkalot

Quote from: illori on February 24, 2019, 06:49:44 PM

has been reopened for further discussion.
please add your thoughts.

I have a feeling this isn't going to go our way.  Looks like it's down to the mod authors to work around it.  :(

@rjen

I do not expect a correction from TP: I just committed a css fix for Tinyportal...

QuoteFYI... changing the article type to BBC (from HTML) provided some whitespace spacing between the list items, but the bullet circles are still missing.

If you just change the article type the html codes will remain in the article, and the problem persists: you will als have to update the html tags to bbc tags manually for them to take effect...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 25, 2019, 10:12:25 PM
I do not expect a correction from TP: I just committed a css fix for Tinyportal...

QuoteFYI... changing the article type to BBC (from HTML) provided some whitespace spacing between the list items, but the bullet circles are still missing.

If you just change the article type the html codes will remain in the article, and the problem persists: you will als have to update the html tags to bbc tags manually for them to take effect...

Thanks @rjen

Just tested that code on my local. Seems to fix the bullets on my html articles.

The bbc articles I'm still having a problem with, It's fine when you're editing, but it just shows the bbcode code when viewing the article.  They were messing about with bbcode in 2.1 I'm wondering if this is the result of that.

[ul]
[li]one[/li]
[li]two[/li]
[li]three[/li]
[/ul]

[ol]
[li]one[/li]
[li]two[/li]
[li]three

[/li]
[/ol]

@rjen

BBC still works fine for me. Did you update SMF from github recently?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

sremick

Cleaning out the HTML and adding in the BBC equivalents from scratched resolved this for me.

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on February 26, 2019, 05:44:47 AM
BBC still works fine for me. Did you update SMF from github recently?

Nope, just running RC1 Release atm, haven't done any updating since, and was just awaiting RC2.