TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 09:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 291
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 227
  • Total: 227

Downloads manager feature request

Started by Jazman, February 10, 2009, 11:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazman

Just throwing this out there. It would be very cool to have a comments feature for files uploaded and stored via the Downloads Manager TP Module (Currently running 1.06beta2). Currently my members are resorting to creating a post with a link to the specific file. Which works yes, but they are clamoring for comments. ;D
Can't wait wait to have the module as a block option too  ;).

Thanks to all the developers. Keep up the great work!

-J

Renegd98

Interesting idea... combined with the rating would be really nice.

IchBin

In beta3 there is already an option to create a topic linked to the download for comments. This can be done when creating the download itself. With this feature I see no reason for additional comments. Just my $.02.

Lord Anubis

I can see their being some reason for user comments, just to say if they liked it...applaud it, hate it, etc...just for feedback essentially for other users prior to downloading it, without having to go to a separate area to see comments

IchBin

Lord Anubis

I haven't used it at all yet (been too busy, plus got my laptop stolen >:(), is there a link to the comments section where the download is?

G6Cad

Yes, would not be a good feature with out a link to the topic would it ;)

Lord Anubis

I know Bloc thinks ahead so of course...lol

are you using at your site G6? I am getting a username doesnt exist at http://www.familjegodis.se

G6Cad

Yes i use it on my site, i have the swe language packages set up with this new feature.

Is it really that long since you visited my site ? i have a script that autodelete members inactive for 6 months ;)

Silver Knight

Can you at least add the comments in as optional, i preffer this to the smf download manager, but the lack of comments, is disturbing XD When's beta3 out? i cannot wait !