TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 04, 2024, 12:00:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 81
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

about to kill myself...!

Started by cod4guy, April 17, 2008, 11:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

Ok, yeah I get it now. Sorry I misunderstood you. Well what you want to use is the manual installs if there are any. I haven't seen any, but... hmmm.
* brianjw runs to go see if he can find any type of manual install

Ok I think this is it:
Download TP 1.05 (you probably already have done that). Then extract the files so you can see and do whatever you need to do with the contents of the zip file. Windows and 7-Zip can do this. Go INTO each directory (locally) and open up the same directory that is on your website and copy over the files one folder by the next. This will make sure you won't lose anything. If you HAD any other mods installed then this might confict. You will then have to make sure the theme works with TP 1.05. It is a long process, I can confirm that. I personally will be waiting a long time to upgrade. There isn't anything I HAVE to have from the new TP. The new shoutbox is cool but I will upgrade when out of beta and i have 2.0 out so I can do two upgrades at the same time which is easier IMO.

cod4guy

I went to DL packages. Pressed browse, then uploaded and installed and then it said to uninstall .98. I did, and then it was installed, but if you see, it didn't work right. Then I changed the theme to the one you see atm. Also, for the theme thing you were saying, TP did not work with ANY of the templates...

Ken.

From looking at your screen shot it would appear that your are trying to do your install while in a custom theme.

ALL work preformed on your forum files should be done while in the SMF Default theme ONLY. All mods, including TinyPortal, are designed to be installed while in the SMF Default theme and doing an install while in another theme is a sure way to get in trouble with your files.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

cod4guy

omg.... I installed everything in the default theme. its just  that i have a custom one up now. Ok I have a stock one on there now. Can u give me support now that I have a stock one on there?

Ken.

Reading through this topic it's a little unclear where you are in the process... but sounds like you may, or may not still have leftover files from TP 098 and your TP 1.05 did not go well.

You should take a look at the manual install instructions for TP 098 and make sure that all elements from that older version are removed. (do the manual install in reverse) Then go through the regular manual install process for TP 105.

It's easy enough to do and it will be a good learning experience for you.  :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

cod4guy

Lord Anubis

no killing yourself yet, I also suggest making a test site before you ever even try something, just incase something like this happens in the future

I actually suggest starting from the beginning so everything installs without a hitch...

This entails downloading the LARGE UPGRADE package from SMF and rewrite all your SMF files (you wont have to upgrade your DB, but this will give you a clean slate) from SMF to erase all mods that you have installed then install TP 1.05 first and then reinstall all your other mods...Before you begin this process turn off all of your blocks!!! and use the default theme

cod4guy

Dam I hate YOU!!!! IT WORKED!!! lol WOOT THX!! (i was joking about the hate part by the way. YOU RULE!)

Lord Anubis

Congrats on Getting this solved :)