TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 71
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62

Help needed with MAC OS X network configuration

Started by g6cad, June 21, 2006, 04:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G6Cad

Hey all TinyPortal people :)

I was wondering if any one in here have a good tutorial site on how to configure a microsoft network so a powermac can share the resources from Internet first of all, and if possible even files and folders from the other PC machines in the network.

I have a windows server that the other machines are connected to, The server have 4 network cards, 1 goes to the internet connection for the server, 2 other connect the other 2 PC machines through that server and they both have internet and file and printer sharing.
I thought it was the same thing with MAC, plug it in, and it would work just like the others, but i cant get the MAC to find eather the Internet or any of the PC machines. (have to say that this is the first MAC i have ever had or tried so my knowledge is limited)

If i pull the cables out from the PC machines and only leave the MAC , I can get the MAC connect to the internet, but if i start one PC, I get closed out.

Any good site with tutorials would be great, or a network tutorial on how to configure a MAC and the network with file and printer charing.

I have searched the google, but didn't find any useful site where they have a step by step tutorial on how to, so now I'm kind of hope that any one in here might be  MAC guru and can point me in some direction where i can read back on some usefull things :)

Thanks in advanced