TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 05, 2024, 06:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,178
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 221
  • Total: 222
  • tino

Reverse Order in Shoutbox

Started by zarprime, August 09, 2006, 10:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Hi All,

I realize that someone will probably say that this isn't the purpose of a Shoutbox, but does anybody know if there is a way to reverse the order of the Shouts in a Shoutbox?  The reason I ask is that some of the members of my Forum have made this request, so that they can see someone's Shout and the response after that instead of vice versa.

ZarPrime

IchBin

Doing so will make it so you have to scroll down to see the most recent shouts. I think this has been covered before. I'll see if I can't find if someone actually did do it.

ZarPrime

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on August 09, 2006, 11:18:37 PM
Doing so will make it so you have to scroll down to see the most recent shouts. I think this has been covered before. I'll see if I can't find if someone actually did do it.

OK, Thanks.  I did a quick search on the subject in the entire forum, but couldn't find anything on it.  I appreciate your help.

ZarPrime

G6Cad

ZarPrime

Quote from: G6 on August 09, 2006, 11:47:32 PM
This might be what you were looking for ?
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?topic=5481.0

Thanks G6, you guys are great.  I know that doing this will make the shoutbox more of a chatbox, but if youu have it scrolling instead of static, it sort of makes sense in a crazy sort of way.  I'll try the suggestion in that link and see if it works.

ZarPrime

mnichols7

You know we do use my shoutbox as a chatbox.  I placed mine in a center block at the top of the news, it is longer across, you can get more on one line, and your smileys show up better.  Just click on my web icon below my name if you want to see how it looks.

So, I think I'll try this too.  Thanks for asking, I wouldn't have thought of it.  :up:

ZarPrime

Quote from: Marian on August 10, 2006, 01:33:42 AM
You know we do use my shoutbox as a chatbox.  I placed mine in a center block at the top of the news, it is longer across, you can get more on one line, and your smileys show up better.  Just click on my web icon below my name if you want to see how it looks.

So, I think I'll try this too.  Thanks for asking, I wouldn't have thought of it.  :up:

Hi Marian,

Did you Modify the code as specified in that link and try this and did it work?  ???

ZarPrime

mnichols7

No, I never did due to my lack of knowledge in modifying code, I was certain I would mess it up.