TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:25:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 55
  • Total: 55

Basic Install Guide[old]

Started by IchBin, October 31, 2005, 10:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crip

Yeah,
besides all that; his kids are sick...

crip

deram

Quote from: IchBin? on January 28, 2006, 09:34:13 PM
1.0.6 comes out yesterday and you guys expect TP to be ready today? Wow....
Give Bloc a chance to update his stuff. He has always does, so just take a seat and wait patiently.

These TP install instructions were made at the time for what version of SMF had been released. Nobody has had the time to update them. If you really want to install TP open up the mod file and make the manual changes yourself.

Well, as I understand it 1.0.6 is just including a security patch on 1.0.5, so just replace 1.0.6 with the older 1.0.5 and it would be the same.

so basically:

Damn this is confusing.......

I thought downloading smf insterad of phpbb or one of the other forums was easier because of the famous "one click installation of mods". and now it seems that I have to do all kinds of stuff manually... :/

As far as I know the latest released version of smf is 1.0.5 but it seems the forums supporting smf have no interest in supporting new users, because most posts are geared towards avantgarde users of betas like 1.1 etc.

I am new at this and recently installed smf 1.0.5.

Now I am looking for a portal and after that a theme. It is however much easier to find tp install instructions for the beta versions than for the "mainstream" versions. So, if anyone could help me with installing tp on smf 1.0.5, I would appreciate it a lot.

Cheers,

Deram

deram

I am looking for a front page like this more or less...

http://www.rapidshare.se/?1015891

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Deram

PhilH

@ deram.

I suggest you skip SMF 1.05 or 1.06 and install 1.1RC2. RC2 is far superior to any of its predecessors. I also suggest you spend some time learning the admin section and all the available features. After you are comfortable with SMF, install the appropriate TP that is available at the time.

If you must have it all now then install RC1 and TP 0.75.

PhilH

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on January 28, 2006, 09:34:13 PM
These TP install instructions were made at the time for what version of SMF had been released. Nobody has had the time to update them.

I am working on a rewrite. Hope to have it up this weekend.

Blue Steel

OK.. silly question... what am i to do ..

SMF only has 1.0.6 and 1.1 RC2 up...
and TP is still only .75

So i can't test it with either :(

I would like to become an alpha tester if that's possible.. and maybe even help convert some modules over

I've set it up on my home system in prelude to putting it up on my real web site.. so that i can test it all out..

From what i can see its just what the doctor ordered.. and i can't wait to enter the water

bloc

TP0.8 is very close to release..but i am changing TP0.75 to work with 1.0.6 now. After all, its only a entry in the package.xml file that needs updating, the modding instructions are exactly the same.

TuomoL

Quote from: BlueSteel on January 30, 2006, 03:33:42 PM
SMF only has 1.0.6 and 1.1 RC2 up...
and TP is still only .75

You can find 1.0.5 and older versions from SMF archive.
http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php?archive

Glander

Well, I read this afternoon on the forum someone installed 0.75 for RC2 manually. I was looking for him, but now I read the 0.80 is coming soon, I can wait for some days. Just starting with the RC2 for 2 days.

I love it, but my wife is calling several times last two night, Whaaaa. Can you imagine what happens when Bloc release .80?????

Take your time Bloc. Then we know it's good :D

crip